Am I The Only Who Dislikes Mmf????

Decorating By CakeDesigns Updated 16 Mar 2007 , 7:34pm by KODYSMOM

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 8

I don't like the texture or the flavor. I find it gooey when I eat it, kind of like gum and find that the flavor is not elegant. It doesn't taste bad it just doesn't go with a lot of cake flavors. Is there anyone else out there who thinks the same thing? or Do you think I'm just not making it right???

7 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 8

I like it okay. I mean I wouldnt go around just eating it for the heck of it. I havent tried any of the other pricier brands so I cant really compare. I find most people do still pick it off though. Sometimes it is just too much sweet.

Oh and by the way...I found I do like it better when I use lemon extract to flavor it.

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 8

I don't like fondant as a cake covering, to me it is a waste of money/food. I do use fondant for sculpture/accents though. I put flavor such as cotton candy, bubblegum...things of that nature into the fondant which helps. For the life of me I cannot imagine why folks like this as a cake covering, then peel it off. Different strokes for different folks as they say.

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 8

Have you tried flavoring it? I find it much more appetizing with lemon. its less sweet. icon_smile.gif

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 8

I'll try the lemon extract next time. I've tried it with vanilla, mexican (or was it Dominican vanilla?) and almond extracts.

Baking4Fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking4Fun Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 8

There are gorgous works with fondant but when I think of a cake I like BC. I'm old fashioned though. My baby shower cake was fondant and really cute but mostly was pitched. I'm a BC gal too!

I do like the sculping idea, never tried it but its cute!

Claudine1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudine1976 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:23pm
post #7 of 8

Me, in the other hand, like fondant and mmf, I like the one made out of glycerine and gelatin, and dont like the buttercream, especially the crisco, I think is greasy... I like other icings like the one you boil the sugar and add it to the whiped eggs... When I make cakes for home I use "dulce de leche" as my buttercream to stick te fondant to the cake, as well as a filling with some toasted almonds or chocolare chips... very good!

KODYSMOM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KODYSMOM Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:34pm
post #8 of 8

haha...no you're not the only one that doesn't like it. To me personally...there's nothing more wonderful than "buttercream"!!! Although, I do agree that fondant is beautiful on cakes, it's not what I would want to eat on my cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%