Oklahoma??

Lounge By Helendelk Updated 14 Jun 2006 , 11:53am by Helendelk

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 35

Anyon on these boards from Oklahoma? Or Tulsa area even..

34 replies
booberfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
booberfrog Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 35

I'm from Ponca City, Ok.

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 1:47am
post #3 of 35

booberfrog! I grew up at Pond Creek!!!!! LOL Graduated from O-State. Bleed Orange. icon_smile.gif (Hi Helen...!)

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 5:03am
post #4 of 35

There is a possibility I will be moving to Tulsa soon... icon_smile.gif does that count?

Phoov Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 5:17am
post #5 of 35

Sure. I want that pink Kitchen-Aid!

talmas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talmas Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 5:22am
post #6 of 35

I was born and raised in Tulsa. I visit there often since my parents still live there. I am also an O-State Alumni.

Phoov Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 35

Bless your heart Talmas...you have my respect! Are you a football fan? Just tolerating the OU/Texas insanity deserves some kind of trophy. I say they're all nuts. Certainly the OU ones are. I root for Texas.

bonnscakesAZ Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 4:27pm
post #8 of 35

lol I can't give up my pink kitchenaid! How far are you from Tulsa Phoov?

Phoov Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 5:04pm
post #9 of 35

You know.....I can't remember. I'm about an hour from Enid, so probably 2.5 hours???? Not far!

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 7:40pm
post #10 of 35

is from Oklahoma.... just south of the tumbleweeds and west of the black- jacks. (Between Weatherford and Enid)
icon_cool.gif

Shyann Autumn

Phoov Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 8:24pm
post #11 of 35

OK...confess...what town Shyann???? I confessed Pond Creek!!! LOL

Here's my other claim to fame. I changed Van Shea Iven's diapers!!!!! LOL!

ShyannAutumn Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 9:28pm
post #12 of 35

*whispers* Watonga

Phoov Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 9:38pm
post #13 of 35

You are so funny! Watonga is good! LOL I think my hubby was there recently doing some sign business for somebody. We have a sign company, and seems that your area doesn't get much service. We're way far from Watonga....but took the job anyway. Is there a Carl's Applemarket there????? I'm in Anthony, KS for goodness sake! Population LITTLE. icon_smile.gif

ShyannAutumn Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 12:28am
post #14 of 35

*waves to the north neighbor*

yup, Watonga isn't much to talk about, drying up and blowing away...so it seems. We wipe the dust off and keep calling it home. *grin*

We are mostly known for Cheese and to the North of the us... Rattle Snakes. I give a thumbs_up.gif for the cheese but the snakes I will show you how to walk water when one is near me... and amazingly the snake doesn't have to have a rattle on it's backside. *smirk*

Yes, there is a Carl's Apple Market here. The closest thing to a Wal-mart super center until you can get to the real one. Which, by the way, is in Enid or El Reno. Depends on which direction your mood or food palet goes. *loves the China King in Enid*

Watonga might grow a little after they put the 4 lane in *whoo hooo...* we are really tasting the 21st centry. icon_rolleyes.gif I won't believe that until I see it.

Anyway, what signs has your husband worked on here. I probably see it every day. I myself dabbled in sign making. If by any chance you are back thru in the spring or fall you might see one or two. (nothing professional) Farmers market and the Cheese festival signs. That's just another one of my bored moments when I raised my hand and said "hey, I'll do it for nothing if you pay for the supplies". Much like my hair brained cookies. *grins*

Anyway..... great to visit with an okie replated in Kansas. *smiles*

Shyann

talmas Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 1:05am
post #15 of 35

Phoov,
Sorry, I don't really keep up with college sports. You want to talk about insane. You should see my parents at the OSU games. They started getting season tickets when I started college and have continued even after I left. They have tons of OSU merchandise that they take to the game. They also have one of those flags to hang on the window of the car.

Most the people I know down here weren't originally from here so I don't really feel the OU/Texas insanity. I mostly see Texas A&M fanatics at work. I went to a wedding where they sang the Texas A&M song at the reception.

Phoov Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 1:19am
post #16 of 35

Talmas~I was at a wedding recently where the recessional was the K-State Fight Song! LOL My daughter is a KSU student.

I think I love your parents! LOLOLOL! FTI......OSU beat No.6 ranked Texas men's bball on Saturday in a huge upset! icon_smile.gif YOUR PARENTS KNOW THIS....

Shyann~ I've eaten at that Chinese restaurant several times! Enid is my old stomping ground. My DH worked on that Carls sign...but he said that even tho he took every tool/lamp known to the sign world.....when he opened it up, it had like house lights in it instead of sign lights!!! He didn't get to fix it at all and is planning a trip back asap! So when it lights nice and brightly~ you'll know he's been to town! LOL

talmas Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 12:45pm
post #17 of 35

Phoov,

My parents called to tell me about the huge upset. They were really excited. After what happened to Sutton, it was a big surprise.

Phoov Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 3:52pm
post #18 of 35

Talmas~ ya...the Eddie Sutton thing breaks my heart. Just hope the C'boys can hold their heads up and survive the rest of the season. Tough year.

Shyann~ Hubby might head to WATONGA today! LOLOLOL What a coincindence. Seems the Sonic and some motel need sign service too. I say it's too cold...wait for a warmer day! But hey~ what do I know?

Baking cake for 60 for a Great-Grandmother's birthday party on Sunday...hosting a Bridesmaid brunch on Saturday am, and taking the wedding photos that afternoon. It's crunch time!

bonnscakesAZ Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 4:00pm
post #19 of 35

BTW if any of you OK peoples know of any jobs, dh is lookin. icon_smile.gif He's a computer dude.. System Admin now. Thx! icon_smile.gif

Phoov Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 4:23pm
post #20 of 35

Bonnie~ I zoomed thru your pics/website a sec ago. Love the lavender/white tiered cake with gumpaste. What fondant are you using? I'm in the process of "educating" the buttercream community I live in to the ways of fondant! Might take me awhile. I've used both MMF and Satin Ice. Really like the SI......

Like the fish too icon_smile.gif)))))))))))))))))))))

Still want the pink kitchenaid. LOL

bonnscakesAZ Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 8:57pm
post #21 of 35

LOL Patricia!
I got it at Williams Sanoma. icon_smile.gif Thanks for your kind words. icon_biggrin.gif I am using Satin Ice as well. I hate hate with a passion making MMF, Althought it's pretty good. I just love Satin Ice and never have trouble with it. I had to buy some chocolate to use on my daughters cake.. in case my order doesn't get here in time. I hate that stuff. too. I think it is tooo sweet and then it tears and breaks so easily.. ick. icon_smile.gif
Good luck with getting people to like fondant. I have to say that most people here I met with thought it was gross but after they tried mine they love it. I think most around here use wilton or something. Also something I did was make the fondant and buttercream prices the same. More people order fondant now because of that. icon_smile.gif

Phoov Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 2:00am
post #22 of 35

Unfortunately.....my navy kitchenaid is quite fine. Rats! Interesting about your fondant/buttercream pricing. Might think about that.

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 28 Feb 2006 , 8:43am
post #23 of 35

Mu hubby is from Oklahoma City....does that count??? He moved to Austin, Tx 3 yrs to marry me. We were just in OKC this past weekend visitng his family.

....and we both hate UT!! I am a Red Raider and, of course, he is a Sooner.

I like going to OKC 'cause they have the best Mexican food restaurant, Ted's.

Phoov Posted 28 Feb 2006 , 9:50pm
post #24 of 35

.....it counts....but I'm a Cowboy...and you're BOTH WRONG!!!!!! LOLOLOL Whatever happened to Casa Bonita???? It was my favorite back when. Tell your hubby that Van Shea Iven grew up across the road from me in smallsville.....

southaustingirl Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 4:01am
post #25 of 35

Hubby says that Casa Bonita in OKC closed about 15 yrs ago and now it is a big CHinese buffet. The one in Tulsa closed last year.........

Go Red Raiders..........I am a Dallas Cowboy fan thumbs_up.gif

talmas Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 4:35am
post #26 of 35

I was just telling my dh today about Casa Bonita in Tulsa. I was reminiscing about there sopapillas. We used to go there after church when we were kids.

Phoov Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:19pm
post #27 of 35

I'M BUMMED!!! THERE'S STILL ONE IN DENVER I'M PRETTY SURE. .....AND REMEMBER THE LITTLE FLAGS FOR WHEN YOU NEEDED SOMETHING...LIKE M-O-R-E SOPAPILLAS??????

OK...I FEEL OLD. LOLOL!

Phoov Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:22pm
post #28 of 35

ok southaustingirl.....................I'm a Dallas fan too....we can agree on that! And I"m OK with Tech............and Baylor.....and actually, if Texas is playing OU....even tho I'm an Okie....I'm for Texas!!!!!! Orange is good.....preferably OSU orange. LOL I'm allergic to OU...and that is stating it politely.

southaustingirl Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:52am
post #29 of 35

My hubby says that my favorite team is Texas Tech and anybody playing against UT. And he is a die hard OU fan.....I mean a really die hard fan!!! I like Tech, I went to Tech and I like football but it's not my life.

The sopapillas at Ted's are really good, too. And you get free queso! I also like to eat at Leo's BBQ....they have a really awesome yellow cake that is served warm with bananas and strawberries...yum,yum!

I was actually thinking about going to OSU for graduate school but I decided to attend Southwest Texas State in San Marcos, Tx.

Phoov Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 5:52am
post #30 of 35

....ok, now I'm hungry for sopapillas! All OU fans are "die-hard"......at least they think they are. They're alot of hot air! LOLOLOLOL I'm sure your hubby is an exception!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%