I Have No Clue What To Do!!!

Decorating By mariak Updated 17 Mar 2007 , 2:00am by mariak

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 7

A lady called and wanted a cake for a combo birthday. These are always the hardest. It is for three guys, 18, 50, and 60 and her daughter 31. I asked her what she wanted on it and the colors. She wanted chcolate roses with green border and writing since it will be the day after St. Patrick's day. This cake will be half a sheet cake and I can't think of anything other than just having flowers in the corners with the names written in the center, which I don't like. Does anyone have a creative way that I can do this cake?

6 replies
agagnier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agagnier Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 7

I like this sheet cake. Maybe you can change the border to green from white and take out the pink flowers??
LL

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 7

Since she wanted the green border, why not go with the St. Patty's day theme. You could make little shamrocks and but we are so luck to have nmae, name, name in our lives...

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 12:08am
post #4 of 7

Oh I like florimbio's idea! You can look through the "celebrations" album and St. Patrick's Day for some ideas too....

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 12:16am
post #5 of 7

three leprechauns protecting a "pot of gold" (aka the girl) ??

---

or the traditional Irish blessing -- it starts "May the road rise up to meet you... link: http://www.worldprayers.org/frameit.cgi?/archive/prayers/invocations/may_the_road_rise_up.html )

personalized with names at start of the blessing.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 12:16am
post #6 of 7

I love the idea of the names on shamrocks really cute. And maybe you can put a big shamrock with the words happy birthday

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 2:00am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure if she wanted a full blown St. Patrick's theme but I think I will call her and see. If she says yes then I will use everyones good ideas. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%