Help Me With An Idea For My Dad's Cake...

Decorating By kelketchum Updated 16 Mar 2007 , 8:21pm by newcakemaker

kelketchum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelketchum Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 8

Hey! I need to make my Dad a cake for his birthday on Sunday. I can't think of anything to do!! He runs his own termite and pest control business, he loves to go to the lake, he enjoys hunting. What is something simple I can do for him on the cake? I thought about a spider but I am not sure where to start with it. Is there another pan that I can just convert into a spider? Any ideas will be helpful!!!

7 replies
keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 8

yep, there's a pan you can use for a spider. It's the sports ball pan. You can use one half for the body and mold rice crispy treats for the legs. You might want to do a search on hear in the galleries for hunting, bugs, and anything else your dad might like. I'm sure you will find tons of ideas and if you have a question on any of them you can either pm that person or just post another question. I will be happy to help you and so will hundreds of others on this site. Welcome to CC!

keonicakes Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 8

yep, there's a pan you can use for a spider. It's the sports ball pan. You can use one half for the body and mold rice crispy treats for the legs. You might want to do a search on hear in the galleries for hunting, bugs, and anything else your dad might like. I'm sure you will find tons of ideas and if you have a question on any of them you can either pm that person or just post another question. I will be happy to help you and so will hundreds of others on this site. Welcome to CC!

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:38pm
post #4 of 8

A camping cake might be cool, I did one for my hubby and he love it! It is in my gallery, maybe a fishing pond with fish in it and a pier? I'm sure he will love anything you do for him!
Tracy

val_nutrimetics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val_nutrimetics Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 8

Hi! You could also do a search in the galleries under "bugs". I checked and there are quite a few that would work well with the pest control theme. Just a thought!

Good luck!

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 8

I see a picture or figure of a man with a bunch of different bugs coming towards him and even some on him. But he still has a big smile on his face. That's just the image that came to me.

keonicakes Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:46pm
post #7 of 8

Yeah! A camping cake with bugs coming to get him! You can shape the bugs out of fondant. This is going to be a cool cake!!!!

newcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakemaker Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 8

Ooooh, those are great ideas! When I saw your post I thought of a lake on one side of the cake with a small forest and a deer or something like that. Only thing is that is doesn't cover the pest control portion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%