My Birthday Cake

Decorating By MindiBrad Updated 12 Apr 2005 , 7:16pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 5

Just posted my birthday cake.....I definately need to work on my tiering skills, so I think one of the things that I will be buying with my gift certificate is "smaller than 6" pans" so that I can make practice cakes that aren't huge!

I gave my neighbor the bottom layer about 20 minutes after we cut the top.....gotta get that cake OUT of my house (besides - she's skinny and can use the extra weight) <grin>

4 replies
tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, Mindibrad. I just tried my 1st tiered cake, too. But I was so upset that the cornelli messed up that I didn't even bother to cover up the top tier's cake board. I also need some work on my tiering. It is just going to take some practice for us, but we will get it. BTW, I did love the colors that you used. What green was that? The cake looked good, too.
Tanya

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyascakes

BTW, I did love the colors that you used. What green was that? The cake looked good, too.
Tanya

I used Wilton's Sky Blue and Leaf Green colors. However, I did a butter/butterflavor Crisco BC, so the "base" started out a light yellow, which helped keep the colors muted.

Oh yeah - the filling was a cooked vanilla pastry cream.

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the info. I have never used the butter crisco. I will have to try that out. The muted colors were very nice.
~Tanya

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 5

First try, huh???? Very nice! It gets easier with practice. You're doing fine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%