Is My Kitty Slowly Dying?

Lounge By bakingupastorm Updated 23 Mar 2007 , 6:48pm by cakesbyjess

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 10:24pm
post #31 of 37

I am so sorry to hear about your Tippy - Pets become such a big part of your family and such a huge comfort. I lost my Huey (see my avatar) to diabetes last year and I still miss him every day. I did just save a new kitty a couple of weeks ago from the pounds and he is such a joy!

I hope you let the cat food company know what happened to Tippy and I think those vets were horrible for letting Tippy suffer!! I am glad they were nice at the ER.

KatieTaylor77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieTaylor77 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 1:03am
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Quote:

Well it just so happens that Tippie ate some of this tainted food before she died. She also had some of the syptoms associated with renal disease such as vomiting a clear foamy liquid, loss of appetite, dull coat, lethargy, weakness.

Go to menufoods.com/recall to check if your pets were actually eating any of the recalled food. You can check the lot numbers on the packaging to see if your pet ate any tainted food, and the website will tell you how to get in touch with a representative from the company.

Good luck, hope that helps.

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:34pm
post #33 of 37

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending big hugs your way.

My best friends mother just purchased a ragdoll cat 4 months ago and she called me today to tell me that she is at the vet with renial failure and she ate the Eukenuma (sp?) moist pouch brand on the list of recalled food.

I would check into this. It is all over the news here.

Wishing you and your family peace and comfort.

bj

sdfgarcia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdfgarcia Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 8:35pm
post #34 of 37

I am so very sorry for your loss. I have lived through the loss of several precious pets. Last winter, we lost our husky who had been with us for nearly a decade, and her loss hurts as much today as it did a year ago.

A pet's death cuts deep and wide - they truly are a part of our lives, and folks who don't have pets don't always understand.

I don't know that you ever get over the loss of your beloved family member, but you will get through it.

There's a terrific book that was written for children who lose their pets called "Dog Gone" - check with your local library, and you'll be glad you did if you can get your hands on it. I read it the first time as a grown up, and it was a real help to me.

I wish you the very best, and I hope that your memories of your happy times with her will bring you comfort in the dark days ahead.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:59am
post #35 of 37

I am so sorry for your loss. In the last year I have had to put three animals to sleep and it is not easy. They are a member of your family.

I saw this article about the recall on a news website (as I haven't seen anything about it locally) and I thought of you. I feel horrible that this may have been the cause.

Wishing your family comfort in this time of loss.

texa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texa Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 6:40pm
post #36 of 37

Just an update on this; news reports now say investigators have found rat poison in the tainted pet foods. The type of rat poison isn't even legal in the U.S., so now they're trying to figure out where it could have come from. It's all so horrible. icon_sad.gif My heart aches for all the pet owners affected by this.

Hoping everyone's pets stay healthy and have dodged the proverbial bullet on this one!!!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 6:48pm
post #37 of 37

That is SO AWFUL!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif How on earth does illegal rat poison get into the pet food stream?!?! I am so sad for all of the pet owners who have lost their beloved cats and dogs due to this. icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%