Another Baby Shower

Decorating By MommyBunny Updated 21 Mar 2007 , 3:22pm by Lexi22

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 8

I was asked to do a baby shower cake for a gal at work...yes, I know CHARGE THEM!!! Well, I am, so I was wondering any ideas. I have a carriage pan and teddy bear, but I am bored doing those.

I have looked over other threads for showers, so any other ideas?

Patricia

7 replies
rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 8

I've vowed the next baby shower cake I do will be a mini bear ontop of a gift box w/ a bow. I'm sure it's been done before but I think it would be so cute to use the grass tip on a mini teddy bear and then use pink or blue for a gift bow to go on the square gift cake.

HTH!

duncansmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duncansmom Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 8

I've never made a 3D Teddy Bear Cake but i think they are so cute for a baby shower. I've made the quilt cake for a babyshower and it was cute.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 8

How's about a 3D baby bassinet cake. I'm sure this would be more of a challenge than the Wilton character pans. Here's a pic:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=favpics&cat=0&pos=-170673

This was done by the talented all4cake and she was so kind enough to send me instructions. I wanted to do one but unfortunately that design went down the drain because the theme of the shower went somewhere else icon_lol.gif Let me know what you think.

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 8

make a cake with clouds with a baby angel "floating on it . make clouds fluffy by using a large tip a let out a lot of icing!!

hope you like you like it!!!!!!!

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 1:03am
post #6 of 8

Speaking of clouds, I like a cake I saw on CC. It was a small 2-tier covered in sky blue fondant. It had big, puffy white buttercream clouds and a large yellow moon on top. Resting on the crest of the moon was a fondamt baby wrapped in a blanket. It was too cute.

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 4:50pm
post #7 of 8

if your still making the cake heres something i made. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_308063.html

Lexi22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lexi22 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 3:22pm
post #8 of 8

What I did is get little baby bottles, rattles, diaper pins, etc., from the dollar store put it all together little sprinkle and tada!!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%