How Do I Do This??? Have To Email Bride By 4 Est

Decorating By chrissysconfections Updated 14 Mar 2007 , 4:51pm by jmt1714

chrissysconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissysconfections Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 6

Ok I must be having a total brain malfunction today! God Bless CC because I've been bugging the heck out of you wonderful people lately!!
dunce.gif
I have a bride who wants a 3 tier cake for 200....not a problem. She wants the tiers seperated with fresh strawberries on top....sort of the floating tier look. I looked it up and it says that I need 18", 12" & 10...well that doesn't work on the stand (16", 12", 8") I don't know if that counts cutting up the 10"either then that means they don't have anything to take for their first anniversary. I saw the garden cake stand on ebay that would work but they want $150 for that and I just don't have the money to lay out right now for something like that. What do I do!?!?!?

TIA!!

5 replies
calvarykari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calvarykari Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 6

I think I have seen some posts where there is an extra sheet cake to cut and serve. If this is not an option what about making a small 6" replica of the top tier to save for anniversary? Sattelite cakes an option too.

chrissysconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissysconfections Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 6

She doesn't want the extra cakes. I'm thinking since she didn't seem too keen on the take home idea I'll just ask her which she'd prefer?? Or would that be wrong too?

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 6

I would let her know her options...either no cake to save for the anniversary, small slices to accomodate your stand, extra cake in the kitchen for extra servings, or you can add the expense of the new stand to her quote. (maybe not the entire price, but at least part of it!)

Or maybe she would be willing to consider a new design that will allow you to use the proper cake sizes without spending $150 for a new stand! Is there anywhere you could rent the stand?

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 6

Does the bride not want pillars? The "sort of" part of your email makes me think that maybe the bride is not sure?????

Pillars would be an inexpensive solution and if you use the clear pillars it could still have the tiered look without them standing out like the white pillars would.

bj

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 6

if I were a bride and were told you couldn't do the sizes I wanted because you didn't have the right equipment, I'd jsut find someone else. why not rent the stand you need?

Alternatively, can't you just put the cakes on the correct size cakeboard and put that on the smaller stand (put the 10" cake on a10" board and put that onto the 8" plate? Since no tier is supporting another, I don't think it would be a problem - others may have a different view on this. Am not 100% sure on this, as it would depend on how your stand is constructed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%