3D Candy Molds?

Decorating By beachcakes Updated 15 Feb 2006 , 5:56pm by smileyface

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone suggest a vendor for 3D candy molds? I've tried a few off the internet without much luck. I'm looking for sea urchins and other shells, specifically. Has anyone ever made molds from silicone? I might have to try that next...

5 replies
smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 6

Have you tried eBay? I see lots of things on there that I would like to try. Also, www.sugarcrafts.com has a lot of molds to offer. I was pleased with the ones I got from them.

Hope that helps!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks smileyface, some great seashells, but no sea urchins! Just bumping in case anyone knows another source or knows about using silicone molds...

cakinqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakinqueen Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 6

no sea urchins but I found 3d mold at a place going out of business. There is a website I think its seashells in sweden. She has amazing shells but is pricy. You might be able to contact her and see where she purchases her mold from. If you go to my website in the wedding section you will see the shell cake I did. I used a soap molds to get my shells to look better on my cake. The big shell ontop was bought from store going out of business.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 6

I think alot of people are starting to use molds created for clay or soap.... there's some neat stuff in the clay section of a craft store!

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 5:56pm
post #6 of 6

Here's one of a sea urchin I found for you. I hope the link works.

http://www.prettypartyplace.com/funexpress-34-640.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%