What Is Pastry Pride?

Decorating By dandelion Updated 13 Jun 2013 , 7:03am by morganchampagne

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 1:58am
post #1 of 9

I saw some of it a Smart & Final the otherday. Seemed relatively inexpensive. But what is it really? What do you use it for? Can you ice a cake with it?

8 replies
jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 2:05am
post #2 of 9

Yes, you can ice a cake with it! It won't make very good roses though or string work. I love it and it's just about all I use anymore.
You should get some and try it, let it thaw if it's frozen then whip it to a thick spreading consistency. It smooths beautifuly with a very hot blade. I do find though that the color doesn't stay mixed in too well if you are holding the piping bag for too long of a period of time as the icing breaks down.

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 2:16am
post #3 of 9

I've used it also. It's a whipped topping icing. I've used both the chocolate and vanilla and it pipes borders well, and it's tasty. But like jscakes said, it gets soft with the warmth of your hand so you need to go quickly.

dandelion Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 4:35am
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the info! I think I'll go pick some up tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif

judycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judycakes Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 2:07am
post #5 of 9

I use the Pastry Pride as often as I can. It works best to put a glass bowl in the freezer about 30 minutes before you whip it. It whips faster and holds better. I haven't been able to find the chocolate yet, but I love the vanilla.

dandelion Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 5:43am
post #6 of 9

judycakes: i saw a chocolate frostin' pride...but no chocolate pastry pride.

is ther a difference between the two?

judycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judycakes Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 2:26am
post #7 of 9

I'm not sure what the Frostin Pride is. I have never seen that here. Where do you get it at? I buy the Pastry Pride at a cake supply shop that I go to in Houston.

vetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vetty Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 3:55pm
post #8 of 9

Hello ladies, I have used both Pastry Pride and Frostin Pride and really prefer Frostin Pride because it tends to be a little thicker and easier to put on a cake. For some reason pastry pride is thinner. Frostin Pride also has more of a vanilla taste to it than Pastry Pride. They're both very good, but I do prefer Frostin Pride. I purchase it at my local Smart & Final.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 7:03am
post #9 of 9

AI

Original message sent by judycakes

I'm not sure what the Frostin Pride is. I have never seen that here. Where do you get it at? I buy the Pastry Pride at a cake supply shop that I go to in Houston.

i know this is a long shot seeing as how this is years old...but any chance you could tell me what cake shop it is in Houston? Want to try it out and I live in houston as well!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%