They Are Actually Letting Me In!

Business By seven Updated 14 Mar 2007 , 10:46pm by bobwonderbuns

seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seven Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 3:39am
post #1 of 8

There is a huge craft/vendor fair and they are letting me in to sell cakes and cookies! I was shocked! So my question is .....they are expecting 600-900 people to walk through the entire fair, how many cookies do I take to sell?

7 replies
maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 3:43am
post #2 of 8

I don't know about this but here's a little BUMP.

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 3:44am
post #3 of 8

WOW! How exciting!!!! I in no way have an answer for you but I just wanted to wish you good luck and please let us know how it goes!!!!

When is the fair/craft show?

I am interested in what the more experienced sellers out there have to say.

Good Luck!!!!
bj

isabelianico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabelianico Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 3:45am
post #4 of 8

I would say somewhere around 900-1000. In my experience there are always more people at these things than expected and if they like what they see, with cookies anyway, they don't just buy one. I know it seems like a lot but they do go fast. Hope this help icon_biggrin.gif

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 7:30am
post #5 of 8

I had just the opposite happen to me. I was told that they had over 1000 guests the previous year and expected up to 2000 the year that I did it. Well, I baked and baked and baked cookies, cupcakes in tons of flavors, cheesecakes, pound cakes, brownies, etc etc. We may have had 100 people come through and I sold almost nothing. So, be somewhat frugal and don't overdo thinking it's going to be huge and get stuck with lots of leftovers. I certainly hope your experience will be better than mine and you sell out of everything that you take with you. Good luck.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 8

I wouldn't make that many cookies! not every single person that goes through the door will stop at your booth and fork over the money for a cookie. after doing smaller craft show, I've learned though trial and error not to bring as much cookies and cupcakes as I always want to.

good luck

melody

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 8

is it a one or two day thing? I have found in the past that if it is at least a 2 day thing then bake up (in this case) maybe something like 500-700 cookies (or whatever you are doing) if they sell like crazy then go home after and bake like the wind but if not then you at least have something for the second day without having to bake more. hth

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 10:46pm
post #8 of 8

What about a fair amount of cookies and some chocolate dipped pretzels? I've heard those things sell like flapjacks at craft sales.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%