Petit Fours

Baking By AgentCakeBaker Updated 10 Apr 2005 , 5:33am by AgentCakeBaker

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a good petit four recipe? What pan do you use to make petit fours.

7 replies
p106_peppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
p106_peppy Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 8

http://www.pastrywiz.com/cakes/petitfours.htm

I like these step by step instructions

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 2:09am
post #3 of 8

A super easy petit four is to take your favorite cake recipe and make two 9x13 sheet cakes of it. Layer these two cakes using whatever filling you like (jams are good). Trim the edges off and cut the cake into 2" squares. Pop these into the fridge for a while just to chill. Take them out and place them on a wire rack. Pour melted candy melts over them. When one side sets, flip and do the other side. Repeat if needed. Or just melt the candy melts in a deep bowl and dip the cake squares in. You can also decorate them with a squeeze bottle or parchment bag filled with candy melts of a different color. These are a nice size. You can make them smaller though by using just one cake (torte and fill) and cutting smaller squares.

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 2:14am
post #4 of 8

wow what a great tip. I never would have thought to use candy melts. I had all but given up on petit fours because i could never get the icing to set up correctly. I am definately going to try this one! Thanks Lisa.

Lisa Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 2:28am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocakedecorator

wow what a great tip. I never would have thought to use candy melts. I had all but given up on petit fours because i could never get the icing to set up correctly. I am definately going to try this one! Thanks Lisa.

It is a great tip! I can't take credit for it though. I got it from someone on this board but I can't remember who icon_redface.gif

Lisa Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 2:38am
post #6 of 8

I searched my posts and I found it! The tip came from Debbie (CakesByJoJo) and she got it from Tami of www.cakesbytami.com

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 3:37am
post #7 of 8

I cover mine in ganache using real chocolate or candy melts (depending on my color needs).

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 5:33am
post #8 of 8

Thanks guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%