Please, Where Can I Find Reeeeaaaallllly Inexpensive Tips?

Decorating By sweetflowers Updated 13 Mar 2007 , 10:35pm by daisyblue

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 4

We had 2 of our long time cake club members (one the founder of our club) die suddenly this year. And we are honoring their memory at our cake show in 2 weeks. We call them our 'Sugar Angels'. I want to make the metal decorator tip angel pins for our members (and others) to wear but I can't afford to buy all those tips. Any ideas where I can get them really cheap? They don't have to be great tips since we won't be piping with them and only need to be the writing tips or small stars (like #2-10,#14,#16).

Or maybe anyone have another idea of what I can make for everyone to wear that is inexpensive?

3 replies
calvarykari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calvarykari Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 4

Try your local freecycle or craigslist.

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 4

Maybe ebay? This might work, if you bought some of those foam sheets in grey, cut triangles out of them, then made glued the ends together to make "tips", then you could cut little angel wings out of white foam or something else, glue those on attach a safety pin, voila! Sugar angel pins. HTH!

daisyblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyblue Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 4

That is the cutest idea ever! I've never thought about using cake tips to make angels. I'll bet your 'sugar angels' would have loved that idea. I don't know where you could find tips in your area, but you might try e-bay. I know in this area we have a few bakeries that also sell cake decorating supplies & they might give some type of discount if someone bought them in bulk. If you have some place like that around where you are, you might try that. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%