Does This Sound Good?

Decorating By sweetlybaked Updated 15 Mar 2007 , 1:42am by alibugs

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 17

My MIL has a potluck on Thursday and wanted to know if I wanted to make her a cake to take and she'd put out my cards for me. thumbs_up.gif I don't really want to go out and buy a bunch of stuff for it, but I do have some lemon curd left from a cake I did last weekend. Anyway, I need opinions on these flavors together:

lemon cake with a thin layer of lemon curd spread between with fresh strawberries in the middle. (don't know if I want to do the fresh strawberry filling in the recipe section or strawberries folded into whipped cream) then whipped topping on top.

Does that sound tasty, or should I just do a basic cake like WASC w/ chocolate frosting? icon_confused.gif Do people even like lemon cake, besides me icon_rolleyes.gif

16 replies
sweetlybaked Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 17

Anyone?

hope22023 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hope22023 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 17

I think it would be a hit. It would definitely be refreshing and a change from the normal potluck fare.

cakelady52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady52 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 17

It sound very tasty I love Lemon and strawberry together.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 17

Your Lemon & Strawberry sounds wonderful to me. I know that is a popular combo here in my area of the world. Go for it! thumbs_up.gif

sweetlybaked Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:27pm
post #6 of 17

Thanks everyone...I always question myself.

daisyblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyblue Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 17

That sounds yummy, but I'm a diehard chocoholic!! Put something chocolate up against a non-chocolate dessert & I'll take the chocolate everytime!! I know some people who are the exact opposite though, so I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Good luck!

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 17

I just made a lemon cake with lemon curd filling for my mom's b-day it's her favourite. I have never tried lemon and strawberry but it sounds very good. I do love lemon and blueberry they go really well together. I brought the cake to my mom's wednesday night card group of about 20 people and they just about all had a piece and none went in the garbage so I wud have to say that many people like lemon.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:30pm
post #9 of 17

I just did a lemon cake with lemon filling, whipped cream and strawberries. Everyone loved it and it was much lighter in flavor than the typical cake with chocolate. Go for it!
Crissy usaribbon.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:31pm
post #10 of 17

It does sound nice but I think raspberries would blend better with the lemon curd. Just my own personal tastes.

cakebabe1403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebabe1403 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:31pm
post #11 of 17

My family & I LOVE lemon cake. I've never tried it with strawberries, but it sounds delicious!

rigama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rigama Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:33pm
post #12 of 17

Sounds yummy. You could call it Strawberry Lemonaide Cake.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:34pm
post #13 of 17

and what's your address????

you need an official "taste tester", right???

-----------

sounds scrumptious.

(and lemon/raspberry does too --- hmm would all THREE work together!?!?!?)

(and I wonder just what would a lemon cake w/ raspberry filling and CHOCOLATE icing w/ chocolate dipped strawberries taste like?!?!?!? --- after all orange and chocolate go together so I wonder if the lemon would too?)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:35pm
post #14 of 17

Ah, man! Doug, *I* was gonna volunteer to be her taste tester! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:37pm
post #15 of 17

I have a friend that swears by chocolate cake, lemon curd filling, and chocolate fudge buttercream!! If I liked chocolate, I'd try it. She swears it's to die for!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 10:06pm
post #16 of 17

Well, you can't just go with the opinion of one taster. I volunteer to be the third cake (tasting) judge for this one!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 1:42am
post #17 of 17

yeah it sounds good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%