Need Some Ideas...

Decorating By carabear Updated 14 Mar 2007 , 1:17pm by carabear

carabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carabear Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone! First I just want to say how excited I am to be apart of CC! It has already taught me so much! I was hoping for some ideas. I have two orders for Volunteer Appreciation evenings. I was wondering if you have any ideas of a neat cake to thank volunteers. I thought about just doing a pretty simple cake but it would be a great place to generate some word of mouth and hopefully some business, so maybe I should do something a little more elaborate. These volunteers work for a community organization that does everything from Children's programs to the Food Bank. One event is for 11 people, the other is for about 30. I welcome any ideas! Thanks in advance!

3 replies
torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 4

CC is the best site!! Aside from a couple of really old books, I have learnt almost everything I know from here ..... and still learning icon_lol.gif

as for ideas...hmmm not sure if this helps....but for the larger cake....Depending on how game yo are icon_lol.gif
You could maybe make a round cake, decorate to look like a basket and make small cakes baked in a few different sized cleaned food tins, and decorate them to look like different tin food to sit on/in the basket??....

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 4

if that organization has a name or a Logo,you could maybe do round cake with their logo in the center and a word "Thank you" or "thanks for all you do" or "Your work makes differnce" spelled and placed around the logo. Just an idea.Good luck and please post the picture of your final work.

carabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carabear Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much for the ideas! I think the idea about the food basket is awesome! Unfortunetly some volunteers have nothing to do with the food bank but I am saving that idea incase they ever have a special food bank volunteer event. It is so unique. I am going to try to do the logo of the organization. Thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%