Liquor Flavor For Cakes...

Decorating By anne4588 Updated 13 Mar 2007 , 7:13pm by anne4588

anne4588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anne4588 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 8

HELP I have an order for a "booze flavored cake" The girls love beer, cherry schnapps and pineapple flavored shots, any ideas about incorperating any actual liquor or oils into the cake or frosting itself???
Please let me know, Thanks you, Anne icon_confused.gif

7 replies
christabelle682 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christabelle682 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 8

What about a vanilla flavored pudding with cherry schnapps added in? Could be used as the filling...

Or a cherry chip type cake with cherry schnapps used in the icing, cake or filling.

Don't know about the pineapple though!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 8

I would choose one flavor per cake. Pineapple goes great with cherries all the time. Or do one flavor for the alchol. There are lots of flavor alchol out there and you can use any in place of the liquid in cake recipes.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 8

A white cake flavored with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum. Tort into 4 layers and fill with a Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and Pineapple cream filling. Garnish the decorated cake with Marchiano cherries and maybe a bit of fresh pineapple on a small bed of sweet coconut.

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 8

I use a variety of schnapps in my cakes. It all depends on the flavor your after. When I don't know which flavor to use, I put in peach schnapps. It's kind of a "all purpose" flavor.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 8

Check out the book "The Cake Mix Doctor." She has a whole section on "cakes with spirit". I love the Fuzzy Navel cake. You'll find by looking at the recipes how to decide on the amounts of booze to add to the cake, and then you can custom flavor it.

roanoker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roanoker Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 5:57pm
post #7 of 8

I make a Pina Colada Cake which uses an extender recipe that has coconut pudding and rum in it and then the filling is made with pineapple, coconut pudding and rum. I can send it to you if you want.

Then I've made an Italian Rum Cake which just has simple syrup mixed with rum poured all over it. I would think you could use the same idea with other liquors.

I've also make a Mint Julep cake that has a Whiskey/Butter sauce poured all over it that might work with other liquors, but it is probably best with the whiskey.

Let me know if you want any of these recipes.

anne4588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anne4588 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you all for the advice, We really do know things about everything don't we??icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I think I will use the "dr cherry" in the filling and in the icing, (was not sure if I could sub liquor for liquid).With a white cake ,the color should be good and well loved for the bar party.
As for the Pina Colada flavor, I think I need that for myself,Blended.
I have done 3 birthday cakes and 1 wedding cake this week and A shot of anything sounds good
THINK SPRING , Anne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%