Color Flow Question, Ladycakes-Or Anyone?

Decorating By The_Parsons_Wife Updated 6 Sep 2004 , 9:32pm by Ladycake

The_Parsons_Wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Parsons_Wife Posted 6 Sep 2004 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 2

Someone was talking about color flow directly onto the cake top, I was taught that the buttercream will break down the color flow icing- thinned out royal- are you using a different recipe for this?

Ladycakes, I was looking at some of your work on your site and was wondering if your color flow is directly on your cakes...and are your pencil topped cupcakes items found in the stationary dept. or are the tops in the baking section? Good work.

Color flow cookies... the recipe posted on this site is one of conf sugar, water and corn syrup...will it be a stackable dry? I am really into cookies right now and would love any pointers on decorating. Autumn Carpenter's book is a wonderful tool, she uses royal for her color flow.

Thanks for any help, Shawn <><

1 reply
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 6 Sep 2004 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Parsons_Wife

Someone was talking about color flow directly onto the cake top, I was taught that the buttercream will break down the color flow icing- thinned out royal- are you using a different recipe for this?

I have not heard that but that done mean that its not true.. I have made color flow with royal icing and let it dry and then took it off the wax paper and placed it on top of a cake and knock on wood its been fine..

As for what recipe I am using right on a cake is the glaze I posted the recipe in the recipes section on the site.

Quote:
Quote:

Ladycakes, I was looking at some of your work on your site and was wondering if your color flow is directly on your cakes...and are your pencil topped cupcakes items found in the stationary dept. or are the tops in the baking section? Good work.

The Barbie ones is the ones I think your talking about?? I got them at a cake supply store.. You know the places you can buy the paper plates and cups and ect..

Thank you for the compliment on my work..

Quote:
Quote:

low cookies... the recipe posted on this site is one of conf sugar, water and corn syrup...will it be a stackable dry? I am really into cookies right now and would love any pointers on decorating. Autumn Carpenter's book is a wonderful tool, she uses royal for her color flow.

I have not tryed I dont know if you will be able to stack them or not.. I would say that if you let them dry for atleast 24 hours you should be able to stack some kinda way..

I hope this helps.. Victoria

[/quote]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%