Has Anyone Ever Done A Craft Fair With Their Cookies, Candy

Decorating By sunflowerfreak Updated 24 Apr 2007 , 2:44am by jescapades

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:22am
post #1 of 5

I am just wondering if anyone has ever done a craft fair to sell their goodies, cakes, cookies, candy? How did it go?

4 replies
VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:41am
post #2 of 5

Hmmm, I've done 2 of these. The first one went well and I sold a lot. I had something like 1 repeat customer after it was over and since that second order I never heard from her again. For the second one, I was told that the previous year was a big hit and they expected something like 2000 people to come through. I way overbaked, and as it turned out to be the hottest day of the summer, almost no one showed up. I lost my butt on that one. It was definitely an experience, but I don't plan on doing it a 3rd time.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:45am
post #3 of 5

I had done one before last Christmas at the assisted living facility my husband works at. Brought cookies, cupcakes, and a couple of pumpkin rolls (along with some handmade ornaments). All the cookies went, as well as the pumplin rolls and most of the cupcakes - the folks who work there bought most of the stuff, residents liked the ornaments and cookies. I did not bring a whole lot, but ended up selling $100 worth of items........and figured about a 70% profit overall. Was not expecting any orders from this venture, just did it for fun. At least my husband's co-workers know I can do this type of thing if they ever need it.

deb

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 10:59am
post #4 of 5

Down here, you have to be careful with those things if you're not licensed. Oftentimes the Department of Health will walk through, making sure every food vendor is legit.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 2:44am
post #5 of 5

i am doing one in may at the company my dh works for. it's for the united way, so i donate 20% of my profits. i was planning to make cupcakes, chocolate dipped oreos, chocolate dipped strawberries, chocolate mice and 4" mini fills. i am hoping to sell my cupcakes individually and in 4-packs, not sure about the rest yet.

i am going to bring my menu brochure, business cards, my laptop to take orders and have a slideshow of my work, my portfolio and some samples (probably mini cupcakes).

at my open house, i had a raffle for coupons for my products. i wonder if i should do that again. the only thing is, i wouldn't know how to contact the winners. maybe if i get their names on the tickets, hr could contact them for me.

i was also hoping to have tshirts made for me and dh to wear. i want to order them from cafe press. i hope they would come in time.

i would love to know if anyone else did one and how it went. i will post how mine was after it's done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%