Would You Have Martha Stewart For Dinner?

Lounge By wendysue Updated 22 Feb 2006 , 2:19pm by lionladydi

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 32

I was thinking about what it would be like to have someone like Martha Stewart come for a dinner party. Can you imagine?
What would your first impulse be if you knew you'd be entertaining this domestic diva in your home? Would you totally freak?

31 replies
Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 32

no

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 12:44am
post #3 of 32

I'd have her over, for sure!

I'd make my husband cook (he's a chef) and I'd do the dessert, of course.

How could you not want to pick that woman's brain for an hour?! I think I'd have so much to ask her that I'd have to write it all down, maybe send it to her beforehand.......wait, that's an interview! icon_lol.gif

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 1:52am
post #4 of 32

No way would I have Martha over for dinner. She's not one of my favorite people but what about Emeril. I'd make him cook and listen to his "Bam!" anytime. I think Rachel Ray would be more my style! icon_lol.gif

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 2:32am
post #5 of 32

No. I don't like to cook. icon_smile.gif I'd love to go to her house for a dinner party. One of the best parts of Martha Stewart Apprentice was when she cooked breakfast for the winning team. I could care less about meeting most celebs (think brittney spears), but Martha is a celeb who has higher brain functions. I'd love to dine with her.

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 2:43am
post #6 of 32

Would I have Martha Stewart for dinner? Maybe with a lot of steak sauce, she's probably tough and chewy.
I like Paula Dean better. I could lick my fingers in front of her. Martha would probably hack a finger off for that.

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 2:51am
post #7 of 32

Dale, you crack me upicon_smile.gif

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 4:23am
post #8 of 32

When i first read this post i thought no way. She is not social ...she doesn't like to listen to people and she always cuts people off when they are talking.
But then i changed my mind.....i would ask her everything about starting
a business..... when it comes to that she knows a lot.

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 5:37am
post #9 of 32

I'm with Dale...that lady's about as interesting as a mouse turd...

lionladydi Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 3:13pm
post #10 of 32

DiscoLady, I'm with you and Dale. I kinda liked to watch her show years ago and then I read where she doesn't give to any charities and that totally turned me off. I banned her show on my TV. I think if she sat at my table for dinner, I would give her a piece of my mind and I don't have many pieces to spare. icon_lol.gif

Diane

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 5:23am
post #11 of 32

i would love to have her over to my house i think she is very tough girl in deed. through all she's been though and still be on tv and smile...she can come over anytime but i'm with you bubblezmom i would love to go over her house for a dinnier party... i would be in shock just to be invitied.... i really want to go to one of her shows.. she's always giving aways things....well thats my thought.

shaddi

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 9:23pm
post #12 of 32

Sure she's welcome anytime. I like her, shes one tough cookie, and i think prison has brought her down to a more realistic level, she seems more approchable now.

Dale Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 10:37pm
post #13 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

think prison has brought her down to a more realistic level, she seems more approchable now

Yup, more approachable, specially when she thinks you might rough her up for some smokes.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 11:10pm
post #14 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

Would I have Martha Stewart for dinner? Maybe with a lot of steak sauce, she's probably tough and chewy.
I like Paula Dean better. I could lick my fingers in front of her. Martha would probably hack a finger off for that.

Haha! I was looking at this post while talking to my husband the other night and said "Well, only if they served a really good wine with her" and he told me not post that because you guys probably think I'm wierd enough!

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 13 Feb 2006 , 11:53pm
post #15 of 32

I'd be too afraid she would be criticizing everything from the food to the table settings, and I'd be a nervous wreck. icon_cry.gif As others said, I'd much rather have Rachael Ray or Paula Deen over. They seem like a lot of fun! icon_lol.gif

Dale Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 4:55am
post #16 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

"Well, only if they served a really good wine with her"

Ask him what wine goes well with "Electronic ankle bracelet?"

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 6:49am
post #17 of 32

Dale,

As usual, you're the MAN thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 12:17am
post #18 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

Ask him what wine goes well with "Electronic ankle bracelet?"

My guess would be something with a bit of a kick.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 3:20am
post #19 of 32

PinkPanther, That's where my mind was at! I thought about this the other day and decided I'd be a nervous wreck! Everything would have to be perfect, and of course it never would be. icon_confused.gif Even if she were kind enough not to say anything about how unorganized my spice rack was, or how out of sorts my laundry room was, I would know she was thinking it! She'd no doubt use the restroom while she was here, so I'd have to worry about that too! It would be such an ordeal just getting my house in tip top shape I'd just be too exhausted to enjoy the visit! lol

Now of course this is just a silly thread! I don't expect to ever have her over for dinner. icon_rolleyes.gif Just thought that the answer to this question reveals a lot about one's personality! Are you the type that would pick her brain for ideas and really benefit from your time together, not worrying about the quality of the table setting or the possibility that you baked the salmon too long, or are you like me? icon_razz.gif Would you sit and apologize for everything and probably make both her and yourself very uncomfortable the entire visit? Boy, just realized how pathetic I can be! I guess I'm glad this will never happen. icon_lol.gif

She can however invite me over to her home for dinner. Now that would be something all together different! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 2:13pm
post #20 of 32

Yes, but I'd of course, prefer to go to her house. In a social setting and after a few glasses of wine or other, and no cameras, I think she would be a lot more down to earth. She did mention on an episode of her show, that she burned part of a dinner item, I forget what, but she salvaged it, cutting the burnt part and doing something else. I forget. But anyway, I admire her and also Madonna. Look at what they have accomplished.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 6:35pm
post #21 of 32

I'm with you wendysue......geez.......I spend weeks cleaning when out of town family comes over.........Martha Stewart???? I'd have to buy a new house tie my kids up and still probably clean and organize for months before I'd let her inside........oh.....I don't even wanna think if she had to go to the bathroom!!!!!!!!!

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 6:44pm
post #22 of 32

No. My house is my haven and as much as I am sure I could learn from her, I would not invite someone with her personality into my home. I will read her magazine, watch her show, etc. for her ideas, but I reserve my home for those I love and those my husband brings home icon_smile.gif.

lionladydi Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 6:47pm
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I'm with you wendysue......geez.......I spend weeks cleaning when out of town family comes over.........Martha Stewart???? I'd have to buy a new house tie my kids up and still probably clean and organize for months before I'd let her inside........oh.....I don't even wanna think if she had to go to the bathroom!!!!!!!!!

Just remember girls..........she puts her pants on one leg at a time just like we do. It's just that her pants cost a lot more than my Walmart and JC Penney's pants!!! At one time I would have been a nervous wreck to be around someone of that status but no more. I figured out that I'm just as good as they are (maybe better--I've never been in jail). icon_lol.gif

Diane

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 10:22pm
post #24 of 32

No - she's not my favorite person. I'd invite somebody I like.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 3:14am
post #25 of 32

No way! And she lives around here... I'm not a Martha fan. She just doesn't seem to be very nice. Especially when she hit her neighbor's landscaper for dropping hedge clippings on her lawn.

Life's too short to have dinner with mean people. I didnt' know she didn't give to charity!! That drops her down another peg...

lionladydi Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 4:50am
post #26 of 32

I always liked Cybil Shepard and then she played Martha in that movie. Now every time I see Cybil Shepard all I see is how mean Martha Stewart was to her employees and people around her. icon_evil.gif Her short jail time was a joke but then most in her position don't get the punishment deserved. She was making money hand over fist the whole time she was in jail. Must be famous though. I saw a Martha Stewart beehive pan sell on Ebay for $382.09 this week. Wish I had a dozen of them to sell!!!!! icon_cry.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 9:08am
post #27 of 32

OMG, I just found this thread and am laffin so hard i am crying!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 2:25pm
post #28 of 32

I would definately have her over...I can hold my own with anyone and I have stuff to show her that she has never seen before and will definately appreciate....

I would have my mom cook, of course. That would wow the socks right off Martha. No qualms about that. And I'm talking about everyday normal dinners...the woman is just a phenomena when it comes to cooking.

I believe in a saying that goes like this...

"Don't believe everything you hear....and only half of what you see."

So, I won't judge the lady until I met her personally....

Martha, you are cordially invited to have dinner with me anytime...

lionladydi Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 2:28pm
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDay

OMG, I just found this thread and am laffin so hard i am crying!

So...........does that mean you want Martha over for dinner or not? Maybe we could all get together and "roast" her like they used to do on television. icon_lol.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 17 Feb 2006 , 3:17pm
post #30 of 32

Not a Martha fan here.....I however am a little llittle Adven in that I try not to judge people I dont know...but I really have never cared for her uppity attitude, but yeah...I would have her for dinner...and serve hamburger helper and instant mashed potatoes... icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%