Cheesecake In A Non-Springform Pan?

Decorating By beachcakes Updated 11 Feb 2006 , 2:14am by dlp

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 7

Can you bake a cheesecake with a crust in a regular cake pan? I'd like to bake some small cheesecakes for Valentine's day but I only have a 9" and a 10" Springform. I'd like to bake in a 6" cake pan. Is this possible?

6 replies
missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 7

I bake my cheesecakes in a regular cake pan... icon_smile.gif

luvfondant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvfondant Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, but put parchment paper at the buttom. icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

dlp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlp Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 12:57am
post #4 of 7

just a hint.......spray with the pan with "pam"...and then put down the parchment paper...good luck Donna usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 1:48am
post #5 of 7

Here is a potentially dumb question- how do you get them out of a regular pan. I make cheesecake all of the time in springform pans, and I've thought about using regular pans to make all the different sizes, but never really knew the best way to get them out!

TIA,
Suz

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 1:56am
post #6 of 7

Well I would wait til they are like totally cooled off and then place a cake board on top flip it onto the cake board then place another cakeboard so you have a sorta cheescake cakeboard sandwich. and flip it right side up again.
You might even want to put it in the fridge to firm it up before trying to remove it from the pan.
And Lots and lots of pros recommend that you cook cheesecakes in a waterbath.

dlp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlp Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 2:14am
post #7 of 7

i agree with chaptlps with the method of getting the cakes out...i leave mine in a fridge overnight....when they cool they should pull away from the sides making them easy to release....Donna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%