"thicker" Raspberry Mousse??

Decorating By Kate714 Updated 13 Mar 2007 , 1:08pm by lionladydi

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:03am
post #1 of 10

Does anyone have a recipe for a relatively thick raspberry mousse? Mine calls for two cups of heavy cream, raspberry preserves and powdered sugar (not sure on the amounts). When I made a cake with it the other day it was oozing out the sides and the customer told me she would have liked more filling, and I agree!! It's like the mousse was too thin to withstand the weight of the top layer. I didn't torte...just two separate cake layers. I told her next time she ordered I would torte for more filling, but I would like to get the filling thicker!

9 replies
tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:21am
post #2 of 10

This is a great one, I usually start with a little sugar and add more if needed, the fruit adds a lot of sweetness! It stays thick but does need refrigeration! You can also do any flavor with the different preserves.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2030-Rasberry-mousse-filling-II.html
Tracy

SweetDolly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDolly Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:45am
post #3 of 10

For raspberry mousse filling, I use equal parts sleeved raspberry filling (I buy it from Country Kitchen), marshmallow fluff and cream cheese. It is relatively thick and withstands weight. I get tons of compliments on it; it's my most requested filling.

When using a filling other than BC, I always make sure to let my icing dam set for a few minutes before I spread the filling to avoid bulging and leakage.

Good luck!

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:49am
post #4 of 10

Thanks, guys! I do have that recipe with the cream cheese and cool whip but never tried it. If it is thicker, I think I will try that one! I just thought heavy cream...YUMMY!! icon_lol.gif

mdutcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdutcher Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:59am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by angiescakes

For raspberry mousse filling, I use equal parts sleeved raspberry filling (I buy it from Country Kitchen), marshmallow fluff and cream cheese. It is relatively thick and withstands weight. I get tons of compliments on it; it's my most requested filling.

When using a filling other than BC, I always make sure to let my icing dam set for a few minutes before I spread the filling to avoid bulging and leakage.

Good luck!

I'm doing a cake this weekend with a raspberry filling and this sounds delicious! Can I use seedless raspberry jam instead of the sleeved raspberry filling?

GIAcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIAcakes Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 3:53am
post #6 of 10

You could use a stabilized whipped cream recipe. You add gelatin.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 4:51am
post #7 of 10

I have used the recipe with raspberry preserves, cream cheese and cool whip, it's delicious, but mine got a little thin. I've altered it a little....I mix the cream cheese and preserves, then fold it into whipped cream. It seems to be a little thicker than cool whip.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 10

I have been wanting to make the one on www.ladycakes.com. Looks like it is a real mousse and sounds yummy!

http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/Raspberry%20Mousse%20Filling.htm

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:01pm
post #9 of 10

The recipe that merissa posted is a very stable mousse, as it contains gelatin. It will keep longer at room temperature than the recipe you showed us.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:08pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

I have been wanting to make the one on www.ladycakes.com. Looks like it is a real mousse and sounds yummy!

http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/Raspberry%20Mousse%20Filling.htm

Thanks for the site. I had not seen it before and have enjoyed looking through the recipes. My Red Hat chapter is hosting a Regional in May and we have been looking for good diabetic recipes.

Diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%