Diego Cake Help!

Decorating By bennettsrus Updated 18 Mar 2007 , 2:18am by jendalain

bennettsrus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennettsrus Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 12:48am
post #1 of 7

I have a request for a cake (please see link). Although the instructions are there, the cake only serves 16 people and the client wants it to serve at least 60-70. She also wants Diego swinging from the rope. a) anyone have any ideas on how I can serve 60-70. b) can anyone suggest how I can get Dieog to swing? c) and idea on how much to charge??? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

http://www.nickjr.com/party/cake_finder/character_cakes/diego_cake.jhtml
LL

6 replies
jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 2:33am
post #2 of 7

1. How about if you place this cake on a sheet cake. 2. Did you order Diego, or are you making him out of Fondant? If making him, I would add toothpick or dowel through him and into the tree branch, depending on how big he is. 3. I know there are pricing charts on the website and I usually under charge. I would do it for at least 60, depending on how much you usually charge.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 6:11am
post #3 of 7

I would just do a big cake underneath and put that one on top. You might get creative with the bigger cake tooicon_smile.gif

libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 7

I would do the same make it a tier cake and maybe add a waterful running down the middle, hope it goes well please put a picture up so that we can see it icon_smile.gif

bennettsrus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennettsrus Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 7

So here is the final product of this cake!!!
LL
LL

gibbler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibbler Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 7

It looks great!!! I'm sure they'll love it.

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 2:18am
post #7 of 7

Your cake turned out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%