How To Store A Cake Covered In Fondant

Decorating By ampd11 Updated 12 Feb 2006 , 4:44pm by dailey

ampd11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ampd11 Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 8

Hi - I wanted to know how to store a cake after it is covered with fondant?

Thanks to all, Anna

7 replies
PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 8

You can store it at room temp. as long as your filling or icing doesn't have to be refrigerated. icon_smile.gif

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 8

I think I remember hearing it can last 2-3 days on the counter and up to about a week in the fridge.

Is that right.....?

Miah - Sorry I'm not much help icon_confused.gif

rach1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rach1 Posted 11 Feb 2006 , 8:25am
post #4 of 8

Hiya

Once your cake is covered in fondant...that will hold at room temp...

DO NOT put it in the fridge..this will cause the cake to sweat and it will be ruined......

I always cover my cakes in fondant and that seals the cake so once it is covererd it will keep for about a week...once it is cut just wrap it up with cling film ..

Usually I make a cake tues or wed for a sat party giving me time to decorate and it will be fine being stored in a box at room temp......

Also when cut it will still hold for quite a few day..but they never last that long.

Hope that helps

Rach

dky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dky Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 2:35am
post #5 of 8

If you have fillings that need to be refrigerated then you are best to use a brand of fondant that can go in the fridge without the sweating problem... can't remember the name off hand but there are a couple of them.

rach1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rach1 Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 8:11am
post #6 of 8

I always fill my cakes with buttercream then fondant.....but once covered they are never put in the fridge.....even when cut..they are kept at room temperature..

I havent heard of any which can be..but we are in the uk ..might be different to where you are

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 8:15am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dky

If you have fillings that need to be refrigerated then you are best to use a brand of fondant that can go in the fridge without the sweating problem... can't remember the name off hand but there are a couple of them.

Karen
The name of one is FondX
I love it!! Handles and tastes great!!
Nati

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 4:44pm
post #8 of 8

i used mmf for all my cakes. i refridgerate them if i am using a filling that is perishable, never had a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%