So This Is The Place For Help!!! I Need Some

Decorating By mcassada Updated 15 Mar 2007 , 12:04am by alibugs

mcassada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcassada Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 13

I am doing a teacher Appreciation cake and I don't know what to do
I seached the gallery and found some beautiful ideas
I guess my question is do i do a cute teachery one or a fancy one with flowers and what not
I think this is a great opportunity to get some orders and exposure so I want it to look great i just am unsure what to do
thanks in advance
mandy

12 replies
mcassada Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 13

i forgot to say, i used to work as a teacher will these ladies and i think that is one reason i am so undecided

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 13

do you sculpt cakes? maybe you could do an apple. that sounds cute to me. since you know that the teacher always has an apple on her desk in the movies.

mcassada Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 12:39am
post #4 of 13

I have never sculpted a cake before, I have some time if I should try it out before hand...

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 12:50am
post #5 of 13

I love the apple idea, especially with a worm poking out of it. I saw one somewhere, I don't remember where. By the way when is Teacher Appreciation ?

mcassada Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:38am
post #6 of 13

May 7th - 11th

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:43am
post #7 of 13

I also like the idea of the cute teachery one. You can show off your skills with that and it will also show your creativity! thumbs_up.gif

nannaraquel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannaraquel Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:49am
post #8 of 13

The sculpted apple cake would be REALLY cute, especially with a worm sticking out! icon_smile.gif If that doesn't work out, I've seen some really cute crayon boxes done with sheet cakes, maybe you could give that a shot? icon_smile.gif Good luck!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:51am
post #9 of 13

I have one in my fav's that I think is really cool....

here is the link

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=favpics&cat=0&pos=-245003

cakedeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedeco Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 2:01am
post #10 of 13

I did one in my gallery as a retirement, but you could use it as a teacher appreciation

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 2:41am
post #11 of 13

I saw one on here that I loved. It was a chalk board w/ an eraser and apple. It was really cute. Search by teacher and chalk board. Maybe you'll find something else. I'm planning on making that cake in a couple of weeks for teacher apprec. day. icon_smile.gif

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 12:04am
post #13 of 13

you could always have an edible picture of the class working then put a desk with an apple on it, in front of the picture, or instead of an edible picture , you could make it from icing.

hope you like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%