Question????

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 9 Apr 2005 , 7:08am by AngelWendy

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 1:47am
post #1 of 5

can i make some cakes tonite, fill them with vanilla pudding.. and decorate and put in fridge w/ nothing over it? i dont have a box, im giving them to some friends to try.. do you think it will still taste good?

4 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 1:55am
post #2 of 5

I probably wouldn't put them in there uncovered. Have you tried putting toohpicks in the top and draping saran wrap over them, that way it won't actually touch the cakes but they would be covered.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 2:02am
post #3 of 5

I wouldn't even put them in the fridge. I'd leave them out with a big pot over them. Do you have a soup pot that would fit over them? Or something similar? I never refrigerate my baked cakes. I don't think the pudding will spoil, because the milk in it is cooked (if it is instant, that's a different story). And if it is pudding that you buy already made, then no worries there.

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 2:10am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieman

I wouldn't even put them in the fridge. I'd leave them out with a big pot over them. Do you have a soup pot that would fit over them? Or something similar? I never refrigerate my baked cakes. I don't think the pudding will spoil, because the milk in it is cooked (if it is instant, that's a different story). And if it is pudding that you buy already made, then no worries there.

hi cookie,, its the Jello pudding cups.....

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 7:08am
post #5 of 5

You don't need to chill the Jello pudding cups in a cake overnight if the temp isn't over 70 degrees or so. I think they can stand the room temperature because they have some preservatives.

If you don't have anything that smells of anything in your fridge you might be able to get away with putting it in the fridge, but better not to.

Hugs,
AngelWendy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%