My St Patrick's Day Cake

Decorating By MrsMom Updated 12 Mar 2007 , 9:54pm by NewbeeBaker

MrsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMom Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 10

Just something I did for DH to take to work, because I wanted the practice. The shamrock is done in rosettes. Done in green, orange and white for the Irish flag.

Whatcha think? Keep in mind I've just taken course 1 and am halfway through course 2! icon_wink.gif
LL

9 replies
carries_creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carries_creations Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 10

cute! i'm doing one on Friday!!

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 10

I really like it... the dots are fun! You did a good job and his co-workers, I'm sure, are very appreciative. icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 10

Simply charming icon_smile.gif

(You must practice a lot; your stars and borders are very well done.)

Now I'm thinking I should make one for my dh to take to work!!!

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:13pm
post #5 of 10

I like it! Love the colors!

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:15pm
post #6 of 10

I was thinking the same thing JanH... sending one to work with my husband. Of course, my kids would probably want me to make a second one to have here at the house, too. icon_smile.gif

MrsMom... did you just freehand the shape of the shamrock or did you outline it somehow first and then fill in?

MrsMom Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 10

Jan...actually I don't practice that much. Those are supposed to be rosettes, not stars. icon_wink.gif They did come out looking more like stars, though. Some of them were really good and others...not so much. Do you think the shell border is good? I haven't practiced that much, either.

For the shamrock I took a heart cookie cutter and put 3 (slightly overlapping) hearts on it and then placed the rosettes on it and filled it in.

Yes...DH's co-workers are very appreciative! I had a cake for each week of course 1 and then last week was the first week of course 2 (with no cake) so on Monday everyone was asking where the cake was. I told him to tell them I would do one for this week. icon_smile.gif

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:32pm
post #8 of 10

Fantastic job! thumbs_up.gif

MrsMom Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 8:04pm
post #9 of 10

BUMP icon_biggrin.gif

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 9:54pm
post #10 of 10

I think it is very cute! Shamrock and your border looks perfect, but I just love the dots and colors! Great choice! Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%