Coffeemate In Cake Batter?????

Decorating By prettysweet Updated 18 May 2007 , 12:20am by Irishprincess

prettysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettysweet Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:01am
post #1 of 15

So many people mentioned using coffeemate in their cake batter in the "best thing I learned on CC". Unfortunately Ihave't picked up that hint. Is ithis the liquid coffeecreamer or the powder? how much do I add? The use of vanilla caramel sounds delicious!!! Help me please.

14 replies
maddyscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddyscreations Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:53am
post #2 of 15

I use the liquid Coffee creamer replacing half of the water that usually goes in the cake mix with the coffee creamer.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 1:02am
post #3 of 15

I use the powdered. 2 tbls. per batch (which makes at least 2 - 8" round cakes). I just tried the chai and it tasted amazing!

Tkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tkeys Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:49am
post #4 of 15

I also use the liquid, and I substitute some of the creamer for the milk.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jsowards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jsowards Posted 11 May 2007 , 9:48pm
post #6 of 15

JanH, you always have the best links referenced! Thank you for the info! thumbs_up.gif

So many variations to try, so little time!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:23am
post #7 of 15

Jsowards, You're very welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:46pm
post #8 of 15

I use 2 tablespoons of the liquid coffee-mate Vanilla Carmel (I think that's the name) in my vanilla cakes. Really makes the cake good!

Has anyone seen the latest flavor "Blueberry Cobbler"? Of course I bought some..smells soo good and tastes good in coffee. Haven't tried it in cake batter yet though.

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:16pm
post #9 of 15

nokddng....do you add it to boxed yellow cake mix? In place of the water or in addition to.....sounds really yummy.

BoothsBest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BoothsBest Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:27pm
post #10 of 15

Oh my, I have never heard of this great idea. I can't wait to try it. I think I see a baking session in my near future... icon_biggrin.gif gotta remember to stop and pick up the creamer. Ummmmm...

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:37pm
post #11 of 15

I added mine to a white mix, it was good for 2 days and then it got dry, a lot quicker than usual... did the White Chocolate Rasberry... plan to do a Chocolate Caramel or Creme Brulee today for DH icon_smile.gif Will let you know.. I am experimenting with the difference between Coffemate and International delights to see if it makes a difference. I would like to add these flavors to my cake options, so I have to practice right icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:51pm
post #12 of 15

I can't remember, but wasn't there a thread or two which went into various combinations that people used in their cakes?

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:16pm
post #13 of 15

I have used the Blueberry Cobbler one when I made cake balls, and the Hazelnut one with chocolate cake for cake balls. These were just amazing. I can't wait to try it in a regular cake.

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:18am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids

nokddng....do you add it to boxed yellow cake mix? In place of the water or in addition to.....sounds really yummy.

Yes, I add it to boxed yellow cake mix..I've also used the white cake mix. It's in addition to all the other ingredients I add. Actually, silly me icon_redface.gif I just remembered I use 2 tablespoons of the powdered Vanilla Carmel..I don't know why I thought I used the liquid.

Irishprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irishprincess Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:20am
post #15 of 15

I used the blueberry cobbler flavor in a white cake mix...YUM!!!! I tossed a few fresh blueberries on top when I served it and it disappeared!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%