21St Birthday - Legally Blonde?

Decorating By LisaMS Updated 7 Feb 2006 , 3:34pm by LisaMS

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 9

Help! I have a cake to do this weekend for a girl turning 21. Her mother wants me to do something which incorporates "Legally Blonde" as her daughter is blonde. Trying to figure out where to go with that one!

I'm not that creative. LOL

Any suggestions?

8 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 9

How about lots of girly stuff...shoes, makeup, lots of pink, chihuahua, sunglasses, hats
Add this quote? Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed !

LisaMS Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 9

Oh, I like that. Thanks Jenn. Now how do I do that on a sheet cake? I'll figure something out. Wish I could do sculpted cakes (and that customers would be willing to pay for the extra work icon_wink.gif )...

Look what I found on www.confetticakes.com. Is this not precious?
LL

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 9

I like Jenn123's idea...maybe you could make a purse with the chihuahua poking out and makeup spilled around it or maybe make the cake a floor with pink clothes, shoes, jewelry strewn about. I can't wait to see a picture when you're done.

mikaza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikaza Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 9

Oops, I tried to post once, I dont think it works...

How about trying a 3 tiered cake in shades of pink, or alternating pink and yellow.
Then make a bunch of transfers (you can even use a coloring book to trace!) with cell phones, high-heels, chihuahuas, purses, and maybe even margarita glasses...and on top do a big 21 or a characiture of the girl's head!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 9

Hey, from the looks of your cakes.. YOUR VERY CREATIVE! Beautiful cakes! Maybe you can do the purse cake, but lying down on it's side.. You could still have items comeing out of it..
http://www.justfab.com/listings/products.asp?cat=21
check out the "Little Shopping Bag of Secrets ".. Good Luck

sweetsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsugar Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 3:30pm
post #7 of 9

That cake is so cute. Coach has a few new, pink purses out for spring that would work perfect for the cake (www.coach.com)

LisaMS Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 3:31pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks for the link Briansbaker. I like that! Looks more doable for me. Thinking, thinking...

LisaMS Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 3:34pm
post #9 of 9

Ooh, there are some cute pink purses on their website. Another great link! Thank you sweetsugar!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%