Here It Is...my First Cake :)

Decorating By amecakes Updated 12 Mar 2007 , 8:00am by ShirleyW

amecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amecakes Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 13

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-286383

Here is my first cake from Wilton course 1...it looks alright, although I think I didn't add enough melted chocolate to make the icing. I tried to make the black icing from the brown and ended up with a weird gray brown color. I definitely need practise with the stars. Anyway, thanks soo much for having a look and that there is cake central. I love to read about everyone's experiences on here and learn tips and techniques too.

Thanks all,
Ame icon_smile.gif

12 replies
MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 13

I think is is great! I can't do the stars! Mine always look so uneven! You did a great job - WELCOME!

mcassada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcassada Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 13

very cute icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 13

Good job! You're bear is really cute!

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:57pm
post #5 of 13

Very cute, nice work!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 13

You did a nice job on your cake.
Glad you're enjoying the site!
Addictive, isn't it?!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:58pm
post #7 of 13

great job. I gave up a long time ago on trying to get black with choc. icing. I use the superblack gel color from americolor much easier. icon_smile.gif

scrapmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapmomof3 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:58pm
post #8 of 13

Great job!! I am just beginning the Wilton 1 course...my instructor only wants us doing the rainbow cake as she feels we wouldn't have the time to decorate a pan cake in class. Did you do the entire decorating job in class? How long did it take you?

Lisa

amecakes Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:59pm
post #9 of 13

Thank you guys! You all make me feel so welcome! Helps us newbies so much to have such support! icon_smile.gif

amecakes Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 7:03pm
post #10 of 13

Hi Scrapmom,

I baked and iced the sides of the cake (the icing tip made this soooo easy) before going to class and did the stars there. I just finished in the two-hour window. The part that took the longest was making the parchment bags and remembering to put the tip in the bag before the icing icon_redface.gif *laugh* that only occurred once...But really...making the rainbow took just as much time for the other people (although some brought a simple design in that they chose to put on their cake).

Have fun with your class!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 8:18pm
post #11 of 13

Congrats on your first cake icon_biggrin.gif

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:03am
post #12 of 13

Your first cake turned out great! You did a very nice job on the teddy bear cake. You are going to be addicted to decorating and this site before you know it!!

Cindy

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 8:00am
post #13 of 13

Aren't you pleased with yourself? Did you ever imagine you would be able to do this? Now watch as each cake you do gets better and better and you learn more techniques. You are going to love cake decorating. Welcome to my world! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%