Wilton Cookie Icing

Baking By ChefStef Updated 11 Mar 2007 , 3:42pm by RisqueBusiness

ChefStef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefStef Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 12

I was out at the local Michaels today and saw the Wilton cookie icing. I gnerally make my own but I would like one that drys firm for packaging and tasted great as well. Just wondered if anyone had tried the wilton.
Thanks! icon_smile.gif

11 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 12

Haven't tried that...

But here's a super thread on cookie bouquets:
(has threads on icings/glaze, stacking & more)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-56979-.html

HTH

ChefStef Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 12:12am
post #3 of 12

Thanks Jan, do you know anything about a recipe called baby deas icing?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 1:07am
post #4 of 12

No, I'm sorry but I've never heard of that icon_sad.gif

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 1:14am
post #5 of 12

I have tried it many moons and cookies ago ... not a fan and don't remember if it hardened up enough to stack. I like Wilton's pouring glaze for cookies but it took FOREVER to dry enough to stack. Good tasting and shiny when dry.

ChefStef Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 12:56pm
post #6 of 12

GetFrosted....where do you find the Wilton pouring glaze? I haven't seen it at the local stores.....I'm in Bowmanville, ON.

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 12

Hi ChefStef,

I know Bowmanville well - used to date a guy there a long time back. The Wilton Poured cookie glaze is something you have to make - the recipe is in every yearbook. If you need it, please PM me and I'll send it along.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 1:39pm
post #8 of 12

since I just "accent" my cookies with icing after I decorate them with fondant. I like the convinience of using the Wilton cookie Icing they sell at Michaels.

I make a little paper cone and use it that way.

enchantedmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedmoments Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 12

RisqueBusiness
how do you get the fondant to stick to the cookie?
And can you color the wilton's cookie Icing with the regular wilton food coloring?
Thanks so much

ChefStef Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 2:33pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks GetFrosted......I think I was having a "Sunday moment". I know exactly what the wilton recipe is. I was thinking along the lines of something that you purchase. Do you know of any supply stores for specialty items other than Goldas Kitchen?

Thanks...Stef icon_biggrin.gif

bella9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bella9 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 3:37pm
post #11 of 12

I've bought it from Copper Gifts and I love it! I'm a newbie at cookie decorating so maybe my opinion doesn't hold much weight, but I can put food coloring directly into the container and change it to anything I want. After my cookies dry for a day, I can stack them. They become completely hard and perfect I think. Wilton sells a tip converter for the top so that you can use your tips with it. The only thing I didn't like was the already mixed red one, the frosting isn't a solid color like white frosting, it's more of a clear frosting that's vibrant red.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 3:42pm
post #12 of 12

Hi,

while my cookie is baking I use the same cookie cutter to cut the thinly rolled fondant, and as soon as they come out of the oven I place the cut fondant onto the cookie.

Let the cookie cool.

Then I warm the bottle of Wilton cookie icing in my micro and pour a bit into a parchment paper cone to do my accents.

The icing tends to go on sale after the holiday...red and green after X-mas..that kind of thing..so I stock up then..lol. I usually don't need to much because after my cookies cool I Airbrush them...I just use the icing for accenting them.

Since my cookies are basically posted in the Naughty section you can pm me for clear instructions...dont' want to be offending anyone.

When I do my edible cookies, I do something else, I sent Jackie a tutorial on that but if you guys send me your email addy or pm me I can send you the word document.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%