Mmf Or Buttercream?

Decorating By sabney Updated 27 Mar 2007 , 8:14pm by BeckySue

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 1:33pm
post #31 of 38

Oh do I miss the food! I keep a container of Tony's seasoning in the cabinet and break it out when I need a little N'awlins cooking! But they had some places that we used to eat that there is no way to recreate at home! icon_cry.gif

Good luck with the cake this week! Any ???s, just let us know!

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 4:15pm
post #32 of 38

Hey - what a small world! My husband was born in Mississippi, but raised in Louisiana. He sure misses it too. When we got married I had to learn how to cook all over again - amazing food! We have a bottle of Tony's in our cabinet too and his parents are still there so we can visit!

Ok - back to the cake..... your practice cake looks great! Pace yourself and just do it one step at a time - it will be beautiful!! Post pictures when you are done!!

PS: Thanks dodibug and sabney for the compliments - It is nice to hear praise of your work, but I am still learning. dodibug - I have several of your cakes saved, you are awesome!!

sabney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabney Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 8:18pm
post #33 of 38

drum roll please!! here it is. I couldn't have done it without the help of dodibug and beckysue. You guys were great. This site saved by life. I need to donate to it now.
LL

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 8:24pm
post #34 of 38

That turned out really nicely. Great job.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 8:44pm
post #35 of 38

It turned out great! We knew you could do it!

How stressful was doing the 16in in fondant? icon_biggrin.gif

How did that large dowel work out to move the fondant?

Somehow I missed the update on Mon-but thank you so much BeckySue!

Now go clean the kitchen sabney! icon_lol.gif

sabney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabney Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 8:57pm
post #36 of 38

The large dowel worked out great. Best 6 bucks spent. Hubby cut it down to I think 40 inches. It worked like a charm. Had no problem with 16 inch expect for a little bulge. I've got to figure that out. Maybe too much icing?

mommakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakescakes Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 9:25pm
post #37 of 38

Beautiful cake! Great Job! Anybody that seen your cake would never believe this was your first wedding cake if you didn't tell.

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 8:14pm
post #38 of 38

BEAUTIFUL JOB!!!! You did great - you should be proud! Now let your husband take you out to dinner and just RELAX!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%