Cake Bed

Decorating By linda9588 Updated 4 Feb 2006 , 4:34pm by pinkflamingo

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 6

i need help i am making a cake to look like a bed but i dont know how to make the head board please help i made the kids out of mmf and i want to use that to make the head board but dont know how

5 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 6

Make a template for your head board.. You can either make it out of MMF as long as you let it air dry for a couple of days.. Or use royal icing for the whole thing or just for accents.. Also I've seen someone use cookies.. They just overlapped them and "glued" (royal icing) together. It came out pretty neat.. Good Luck!

lilscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilscakes Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 1:08am
post #3 of 6

not sure what you are looking for exactly, but check out the one in my photos. It doesn't have a headboard, but I would do exactly what briansbaker is suggesting. This was made from a standard cake pan, and covered with fondant. The quilt was made with an impression mat...(good thing it's not an up close photo or you'd know it was my first attempt with an impression mat). Made the pillows by covering a bunch of mmf with mmf pillowcases and sprinkled with the wilton sparkles....If I can help in any way, just let me know. Looking forward to seeing a photo of yours....Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 6

could you use chocolate? or cookies?

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 6

hi i made one a while back that didn't have a headboard,instead i cut up large marshmallows and airbrushed them neon colors. like pillows. i also put a canopy on it using material and dowel rods. hope this helps

pinkflamingo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflamingo Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 4:34pm
post #6 of 6

You can always fashion the headboard from cardboard and cover it in MMF.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%