Just Tried Making Butter Cream Dream Icing And....

Decorating By rlsaxe Updated 12 Mar 2007 , 5:55pm by Ironbaker

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 10:26pm
post #31 of 46

could you use evaporated milk instead

scrapmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapmomof3 Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 10:34pm
post #32 of 46

If you use milk, does the icing go bad quicker than if you were to use water...meaning, if the cake is left out of the refrigerator.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 10:36pm
post #33 of 46

No, it has more than enough sugar to preserve it, no matter what type of liquid you use.

Honestly, I used to use milk, but one day I was out and used water instead, and I swear it was creamier. Water is all I use now.

I also add 1/4 tsp lemon extract, 1/4 tsp orange extract. Yum.

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 10:48pm
post #34 of 46

Actually I just tried it with evaporated milk and it is really good that way too, actually really really good. I will have to do a taste test to see what is better cream or evaporated milk or watericon_smile.gif I love taste testingicon_smile.gif

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 11:06pm
post #35 of 46

I just tried searching for Buttercream Dream Icing and wasn't able to find anything.

Does someone have a link or a recipe?

TIA

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueDevil Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 11:40pm
post #37 of 46

I only had unsalted butter on hand, so I added 1/2 tsp salt. It was still AMAZING!

icon_biggrin.gif

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 11:44pm
post #38 of 46

I have seen so many different BC recipes. I am now going to try this one.
I can't wait to try it.

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 1:14am
post #39 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady2Hands

Here ya go LUBY:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2123-0-Buttercream-Dream.html

Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gif

tiffy76620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffy76620 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 1:29am
post #40 of 46

This is the ONLY buttercream I use, and EVERYONE loves it. I too sub the heavy cream for the milk. Melivra methods works like a snap with this also!!! icon_surprised.gif)

Nadya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadya Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 2:20am
post #41 of 46

Does this buttercream work for piping like roses or other flowers or is it just for icing the cake? TIA!

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 4:36am
post #42 of 46

I don't know Nadya. I would imagine it would. I added extra milk and then water to mine to make it thin to ice the cake. But, the consistency was a nice medium before adding that extra liquid, so I think it would pipe well.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 3:54pm
post #43 of 46

Yes, it pipes well. I make my rosettes, borders and everything else with it.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 5:31pm
post #44 of 46

I love this recipe as well!! It's the only one that I use now. I thought that I liked the Wilton recipe (all Crisco), but when I tasted of this, it put it to shame!! I've found that it does crust well. It just takes a little longer than an all Crisco recipe.

amclean24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amclean24 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 5:38pm
post #45 of 46

Anyone make the chocolate buttercream dream w/out the Lorann oil?

I am assuming that the butters need to be at room temperature? Correct? I am going to try this this weekend. I am actually making the regular buttercream dream on the cake and the chocolate BC Dream on Cupcakes.

I think I might just buy the nestle's chocolate chips and mix it in the BC dream recipe.... I just have to figure out how much. If that's the case do I not add the water....since the melted chocolate will make it more thinner....

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 5:55pm
post #46 of 46

I thought this was going to be a new one to try but it's just about the same recipe I already use! icon_lol.gif I use al unsalted butter thought with some salt dissolved into the liquid.

It is good and whipping cream is even better. My extract concoction is usually almond/butter/creme bouquet. I sometimes switch it up depending on the cake flavor.

It definitely crusts (adjust liquid depdning on the weather/humidity) and is fine to do almost anything else with....I've used it for FBCTs too. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%