Cleaning House And Loving It!!!

Lounge By dolfin Updated 13 Mar 2007 , 4:07am by Paintedlady201

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 18

Yea, it's friday and miracles of miracles I am completly alone in my home. Got the stereo cranked up listening to rock and roll and cleaning. Nothing better than being alone in your jammies dancing with the broom and cleaning. Well yes there is something better, but that takes two to do.
Occasionally (can't spell) broom becomes guitar or microphone when something especially cool comes on and I can really get down since I am alone. Too bad my bliss is short lived gotta come down to earth soon and start baking. OOPS, gotta go Born to Be Wild is on and my fans (imaginary of course) await me. WOO HOO Rock is alive and well!!!!!!!!!!!

Good weekend to all.

17 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 18

Have fun! thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 18

I love cleaning like this too. Go get those dust bunnies.

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 18

you crack me up.......I will crank up my radio if you will come clean my house! LOL

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 12:55am
post #5 of 18

mix up some margaritas, I'll be there! Just how far is Kansas from California? LOL

mkerton Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 1:02am
post #6 of 18

mmmm margaritas.......and I am all the way through Kansas and just into Missouri!!!!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:16am
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerton

you crack me up.......I will crank up my radio if you will come clean my house! LOL

Me too! icon_lol.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 5:06pm
post #8 of 18

I am one of those rare birds who loves to clean house. Don't you get a feeling of satisfaction when it is all done, everything is sparkly clean and smells so fresh? Now cleaning up the kitchen after doing a cake is another thing altogether. I have to do it, can't leave it to the next day and have to get up and face that mess, but I sure don't like doing it.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 6:16pm
post #9 of 18

hahaha! I thought I was the only crazy one! I have a little nano ipod and I put that on and go around and clean the entire house (My DH hates disco and I think its the best to clean to! hahaha) You can still hear it when vacumming too! It sure makes the work go fast and the house looks so much better!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 7:28pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

hahaha! I thought I was the only crazy one! I have a little nano ipod and I put that on and go around and clean the entire house (My DH hates disco and I think its the best to clean to! hahaha) You can still hear it when vacumming too! It sure makes the work go fast and the house looks so much better!

Oh, try Creedence Clearwater Revival, that works great too. "Down on the corner, just about suppertime!" icon_biggrin.gif

mkerton Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 11:39pm
post #11 of 18

I really wish I liked to clean......and I feel the satisfaction for about half a second (which is usually how long it takes for my son to make a mess)........and since he is always following me around....the mess does too!

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 12:01am
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerton

I really wish I liked to clean......and I feel the satisfaction for about half a second (which is usually how long it takes for my son to make a mess)........and since he is always following me around....the mess does too!

Amen I'am suppose to be cleaning right now HAHA I will say my kitchen is clean because I was bakeing today and had to clean up immadiatly after there is nothing grosser than letting butter creme sit in water waiting to be cleaned. I need to tackle my dd room icon_cry.gif and laundry icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif and dolfin I have XM and nevada is not that far from california you can listen to whatever you want if you come clean my house. icon_biggrin.gif

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:00pm
post #13 of 18

Too funny! I have to agree with you though, that is the best way to clean house, no one else around and loud, wild music cranked up, I love it! icon_razz.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 8:25pm
post #14 of 18

dolfin, thanks for posting icon_biggrin.gif

I always thought I was a little strange because I like to do housework to disco...

Boy, do I miss Donna Summers tapedshut.gif

But the Village People are my fav for serious spring cleaning!!!!

Didn't realize I was in such good company icon_smile.gif

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 9:06pm
post #15 of 18

kinda off topic but for you mothers can you remember a time when you sat alone in no big hurry and got ready to go somewhere? my son is in school my dd is naping my husband is watching tv and I was getting ready all by myslef no one trying to climb in the shower no one needed there socks found or there hair fixed or there shoes tied. its incrediable I was ready to go in like 20 min its amazing how much better you can put on makeup and fix your hair when no one is ontop of you. anyway just had to share i'm still a little in shock that ive been in my room for half an hour without someone comming in once icon_lol.gif

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 9:37pm
post #16 of 18

I know what you mean!!! I haven't gotten ready alone in about 2 years!!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 2:29am
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather2780

kinda off topic but for you mothers can you remember a time when you sat alone in no big hurry and got ready to go somewhere? my son is in school my dd is naping my husband is watching tv and I was getting ready all by myslef no one trying to climb in the shower no one needed there socks found or there hair fixed or there shoes tied. its incrediable I was ready to go in like 20 min its amazing how much better you can put on makeup and fix your hair when no one is ontop of you. anyway just had to share i'm still a little in shock that ive been in my room for half an hour without someone comming in once icon_lol.gif

yeah...having to change kids' outfits 2 times, looking for various clothing items, getting them a cup of juice, packing diaper bags...so much more to do in getting ready now than in the old days...but I wouldn't change it thoughicon_smile.gif

Paintedlady201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paintedlady201 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 4:07am
post #18 of 18

I love it! thumbs_up.gif On those oh-so-rare occasions that I'm actually alone at home, I like to do the same. Hope you had a great time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%