What Invoicing Program Do You Recommend?

Business By FlourChick Updated 9 Feb 2006 , 9:25am by cande

FlourChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourChick Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 10

I am a part owner in a small bakery. In a few months my business partner will be moving out of state and I will become the sole owner of the shop. Right now we generate our invoices using a program her husband has for his own business. Since she will be taking that with her I am now looking for a new program. Is there one any of you would recommend?

Also, would this same program be able to track our sales for when it's time to pay sales tax? Or is that a completely separate program?

Right now she does all of the "office" and accounting type work for us and I have no idea how to do any of it!

Any advice would be very appreciated! Thank you!

9 replies
DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 10

I've had a custom dessert business for almost eight years. I've always used QuickBooks. It's simple to learn and does everything!! Tracks sales, allows you to email invoices, collect payments through eBay, etc. I was not that PC savvy when i started this, but I still found it very easy to use.

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 10

Quickbooks is a great little book-keeping software. It will generate your invoices and track sales. It's pretty user friendly too.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 10

Quickbooks has a merchant (retail) version, right? I'm buying a bakery and the former owner just used a cash register & did all of the bookeeping the old-fashioned way. I work better with computers than math on my own, and was hoping I could link a program with a cash register (I know there's a better way to say that...lol) Does anyone here use it & is it as easy as regular Quickbooks?

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 10

My husband, the computer guru, says yes. Quickbooks can be linked to a cash register. He suggests going to their website for info on everything the program offers. But it is a complete program that does include point of sale accounting.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiva

...... But it is a complete program that does include point of sale accounting.

Point of sale accounting...that's what I was trying to think of but I explained it horribly...lol. icon_lol.gif Thanks, DDiva! thumbs_up.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 11:30pm
post #7 of 10

Sam's Club sells a cash register/Quickbooks combo that comes preset up to work together along w/ one of those scan wands connected to the cash register too.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 12:34am
post #8 of 10

Another Quickbooks user here. thumbs_up.gif

FlourChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourChick Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 2:18am
post #9 of 10

Thanks everyone for the quick replies! It looks like Quick Books is the way to go.

cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 9:25am
post #10 of 10

I just saw this the other day while looking for some software: www.myob.com

Ron Ben-Israel uses it for his busines...
http://www.myob.com/us/success/2004_3_11.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%