John Deere Green

Decorating By dsmith Updated 3 Feb 2006 , 7:46pm by Kiddiekakes

dsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsmith Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 7

Getting ready to do the John Deere tractor cake, what color green works good for the "John Deere Green"? Also, need advice for the black wheels, my black usually looks grey, and i'm afraid the icing will have a bad taste to it.

you advice is appreciated icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 7

To get the black, I add cocoa powder to the icing to turn dark brown, then add LOTS of black icing. Mine just tastes really chocolately. I've have not done the John Deere tractor.

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 7

I can't help you with the green, but for black I finally gave up on Wilton and went with Americolor Black gel. Doesn't take much, and not a bad taste.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 7

I just buy chocolate frosting and add black.. This will give a true black..

YumFrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YumFrosting Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 7

If you really want it to be dark for the black tires, add the Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder. It makes it a really deep brown, then you don' t have to add that much black to make it black. And it tastes yummy! For the John Deere green, do you have one of the toy tractors (or could borrow one from someone?) to put by you as you are trying to match the color? You could have a few test bowls to see what comes closest....

empress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
empress Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 7:40pm
post #6 of 7

I have found that Wilton's Kelly Green makes a fine John Deere green. icon_lol.gifusaribbon.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 7

Leaf green also is a nice green for a John Deere tractor~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%