Just Wanted To Share My Excitement! (Sorry If It's Too Long)

Baking By bambuf Updated 9 Mar 2007 , 11:04pm by Solecito

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 2:21am
post #1 of 6

I made about 60 flower cookies for a teacher appreciation luncheon and we served them today. (I posted a pic) They were so well received. I have been making cookies for a long time, and always make them for anything and everything that I can. We just recently moved from a small town to a mid-sized town, one with many more goods and services. I figured that there wouldn't be a need for cookie bouquets here because the town has so much. However, I have been approached on several occasions about whether or not I sell my "work". I have been asked to make cookies and a cake (I am so not skilled at cakes) for a 40th birthday this summer and today at the luncheon I had several people ask for my phone number to make cookies for various functions. It just makes me feel great to share my love for baking and even more great when others respond to my passion. In the small town that I lived in, most people just wanted me to make cookies for fundraisers at church or they wanted me to teach them to make them because they didn't want to pay someone to make them. It really feels good to be appreciated for more than just all of that. Anyway, I just wanted to share my joy with others who I am sure can relate! Thanks for listening...

5 replies
cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 2:24am
post #2 of 6

Congrats! It always feels so great to have your work and talents appreciated.

khufstetler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khufstetler Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 2:28am
post #3 of 6

Girl - your flowers are BEAUTIFUL!

I'm glad you got the appreciation that your hard work and expertise deserved... icon_smile.gif

It's the difference between smiling on the outside and smiling on the inside!

(if that makes any sense at all)

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 3:04am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for sharing my joy with me ladies! And thanks for the affirmations! I love this site, it's like having a thousand cheerleaders on your side! icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 6

Congratulations! I was so excited when I received my first sale also. It's a great feeling!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 6

Congratulations! You know I just get excited when people tell my the thing I make are gorgeous, because sometimes they are so easy for me to make. So I understand the feeling. Hope this encourages you to keep going.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%