Striped Fondant

Decorating By mikaza Updated 31 Jan 2006 , 11:13am by boonenati

mikaza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikaza Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 12:25am
post #1 of 4

How do I make striped fondant patterns?

Do I cover the cake in one color, and then add strips of the other?

Or do I add alternating stripes of each color?

Thanks!

3 replies
tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 12:28am
post #2 of 4

i learned that you cut the stripes of whatever color you want and lay them in the order you want on your mat, touching each other. then roll them together in the direction of the stripe... or you can roll out one color like normal, place the alternating stripe on top and roll it into the first color..

does that make sense???

mikaza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikaza Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 3:26am
post #3 of 4

yeah--that makes sense.

One more question: (well 2, actually, heheh)

If I am doing the side-by-side method (alternating strips, then rolling) do I use long strips that reach from one side of the cake to the other, or do I find the center of the cake and radiate the strips from there?

If I am rolling out all of one color first, then adding the other color, do I roll it into the first color flat, or on the cake?

Thanks so much!

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 11:13am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaza

yeah--that makes sense.

One more question: (well 2, actually, heheh)

If I am doing the side-by-side method (alternating strips, then rolling) do I use long strips that reach from one side of the cake to the other, or do I find the center of the cake and radiate the strips from there?

If I am rolling out all of one color first, then adding the other color, do I roll it into the first color flat, or on the cake?

Thanks so much!

Hm
Whenever i've done striped cakes, i've done it the lazy way, covered the cake in one colour and then added the strips on top in another colour.
Here's a few

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=boonenati&cat=0&pos=42
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=boonenati&cat=0&pos=91

Nati

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%