Super Yummy White Chocolate Icing!

Decorating By berryblondeboys Updated 9 Mar 2007 , 5:55am by Ariginal

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 4

I wanted to try a simple white chocolate icing that didn't need to be refrigerated and I found this on foodandwine... SOOOO simple and very yummy. I couldn't keep my son from dipping into the leftover icing!

Here's the recipe - wish I could say it was mine, but it's not....

Makes 5 cups:

2 bags (24 ounces) white chocolate chips
2 cups unsalted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar.

Bring butter to room temperature and blend wiht a mixer until smooth. Melt chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl - one bag at a time... For my microwave, 1.5 minutes and then stir until the rest melts and is smooth. Add to butter and mix, repeat with the second bag of chips. Add the vanilla, mix and then while mixing add the two cups of powdered sugar, one cup at a time. Mix until smooth and voila - it's done!

It does crust and after a few hours it gets stiffer, but melt in the mouth - sweet, but YUMMY!!!

I paired it with a white chocolate cake and blackberry filling (which was just a bit of seedless jam).

Melissa

3 replies
czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 4

sound so good! thanks! I'm going to try it!

Paintedlady201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paintedlady201 Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 5:44am
post #3 of 4

Sounds wonderful! I've been wanting to try a white choc recipe, so this may be the one. Thanks!

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 5:55am
post #4 of 4

Wow that does sound yummy... can it be used as a filling or just to go on the outside of the cake?

sorry bout my ignorance if it can be used as a filling would i need to change anything?

thanks again. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%