Anyone Had Earlene's Class?

Decorating By ape Updated 19 Oct 2006 , 6:34pm by cigarHerb

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 9

OK, I'm trying to take a deep breath and not completely freak out! Earlene Moore was supposed to be coming here this month to do her 4 day class. First, I would have to come up with the money ($500 plus some supplies), then find someone willing to watch my three little angels (4, 3 and 16 months). DH wanted me to just do it, but I still had the issue of a babysitter. NOW, the class has been rescheduled to October and part of the class will be on the weekend, which means that I only have to find a babysitter for 2 days (DH has already said that he will take off of work).

SO....NOW I'M DOING THE HAPPY HAPPY DANCE!

BUT....what I want to know is.....has anyone taken Earlene's class and was it totally worth it? How much fondant experience should I have before attending? I was going to take a fondant class (I can cover a cake pretty well and cut out stuff, but I'm not so good with bows), but I don't want to spend another $100 for a class if I will basically be able to learn this from Earlene.

Help!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
ape Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 9

help....no earlene class takers?

Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 9

I am sorry that I can't offer any help, however I have been wondering if anyone here had been too. I live in Utah, and really would like to go. I just was wondering how good it is. Hope someone has been that can share some insite. Thanks, Keli

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 9

I haven't been but I find her cakes very inspirational. I would absolutely love to go and was just discussing this with dh. Lucky you! You need to go for it! I can't imagine it not being worth it.

noelcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noelcakes Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 9

I would love to take the class...i bet they are very much worth it! Maybe one day soon i can talk my husband into letting me take them!
(i got all excited thinking maybe i could take them in houston that weekend, but i know we can't leave town that weekend becasue of a football game...oh well)

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 6:42pm
post #6 of 9

I have taken Earlene's class and it was fabulous. Anyhone who wants more info, please send me a PM. I will try to answer all your questions.

Shalom,
itsacake!

ape Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 9

noelcakes - if you are closer to Lubbock you should check into taking them at her house!

noelcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noelcakes Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 7:56pm
post #8 of 9

I would love to! my parents live in houston though so that would help a lot. I just have to see if my husband and I can take the time off work. I already know he is not going to want to leave town that weekend in October. It would be the perfect early Christamas present (I am always thinking about Christmas)!!

cigarHerb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cigarHerb Posted 19 Oct 2006 , 6:34pm
post #9 of 9

I know this is a really old post, but the wife and I have just found this site. We live in Lubbock and know Earlene. My wife took her class and she received tons of information. My wife then brings the info home to me, so it is like a 2 for 1 deal. I think the information she gives is great. It has definately raised my wifes cake decorating to another level, if not several levels.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%