Soft Drinks In Cake

Baking By Missyleigh Updated 30 Mar 2007 , 11:52pm by nsouza

Missyleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missyleigh Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 15

Do you think you could substitute soda for the water in a cake mix. I have seen recipies for this before. Ithink you could have lots of different flavor combo's Has any body tried this...

14 replies
Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 15

I posted a recipe for a Mello Yello cake the other day, but it has not come up yet. Yes, it can be done.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 15

I have not tried it but I know of bakers that use Sprite in their cakes instead of water.

Candy120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candy120 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 15

Okay....reminded me of another Weight Watcher's recipe...

One chocolate cake mix and one can of diet coke...bake at 350...makes a brownie-ish dessert.

Or you can use a pineapple cake mix and diet sprite...just those two ingredients!!

Pucka1378 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pucka1378 Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 15

really any cake mix and one can of soda will work.. the combinations are endless. Choc cake with cherry coke is good.

Vanilla cake with orange soda is very creamsicle like!

Missyleigh Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 15

I tried It came out great.. I think of all the Weird new soda flavors out there. What cool cake you could make.

have2kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have2kids Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 10:39pm
post #7 of 15

So you would just use one can of soda and one cake mix??? No other ingredients? I will definately try the orange soda creamsicle one! Thanks.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 5:15am
post #8 of 15

I did this with a strawberry cake I made. I started with a mix, added strawberry pop and the rest of my ingredients, got rave reviews on it. And I could tell a difference, it was pretty good.

Some where on here awhile ago i remember someone saying they had done a rootbeer cake and they got rave reviews also.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 1:57pm
post #9 of 15

...so one can of pop to one box of cake? Anything else? All the regular ingredients PLUS the can of pop? Can of pop by itself?

Missyleigh Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 2:09pm
post #10 of 15

I just substituted the soda for the water called for in the mix and used the extender recipie from this siteYou can use just soda and cake mix only for a low fat weight watchers cake

have2kids Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 7:58pm
post #11 of 15

I found some great recipes for soda cakes on here. What a great website... I can't believe I just found out about it!!! lol

SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 8:09pm
post #12 of 15

I make an absolutely wonderful 7-up pound cake!! It completely changes the texture and gives it a sorta lemon lime tang...really yummy!! I will have to look it up and send it in!!

have2kids Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 8:38pm
post #13 of 15

That sounds wonderful. I'd love to have it!

TheCakeGirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeGirl87 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 9:00pm
post #14 of 15

To answer everyones question, Yes one can of coke + one box of cake mix = cake! You do not need to put the eggs in or the oil in the can of coke is sufficient! My favorite is 1 box lemon supreme cake mix + 1 can Diet Mt. Dew. Just cook the cake by the directions on the back of the box. Just an F.Y.I. for the Weight Watchers out there if you make a cake mix this way and make it into 24 cupcakes then each cupcake is ONE point each! Hope this helps!

nsouza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nsouza Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 11:52pm
post #15 of 15

Im going to have to try these low fat recipe! all the faculty at the school that I teach at are starting to put on weight due to all of my practice cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%