The End Of The World (Well Almost)

Decorating By Peachshortcake Updated 8 Mar 2007 , 1:01pm by Chiara

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 8

My oven is broken!!!
Today I baked a cake for one of the girls birthdays this sat. When I went to check on it after the timer went off I saw it had sunk deeper than the Atlantic Ocean. No kidding, the middle had sunk so much that it was thinner cooked than raw. This being a tried and true recipe, I suspected foul play. I immediatly asked the kids if they had opened the oven to look at the cake, and they all said no. Then their mum tells me that the oven is not closing properally any more. I swear i just about fainted with those words. I checked and there is nothing blocking edges of the door.
We will have to resort to a store bought cake; but I figure since we are in France it should actually taste decent.
If we cannot get it fixed it means no more baking for 3 and half months. I am going to go pray to the cake gods now.

7 replies
Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 8

Now that is a disaster - hope it can be fixed much sooner than that - 3 and half months is a long time without baking.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 8

I'm sorry that's happening to you. icon_cry.gif

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

If we cannot get it fixed it means no more baking for 3 and half months.

Ok, I am being nosey but why 3 1/2 months if you can't get it fixed? If it's a matter of budget- forgive me for asking and ignore my question. However, if it is something else why so long?

heathery13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathery13 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 8

I am curious also, Why 3 1/2 months?

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 8

WOW, that is horrible. But yeah why 3.5 months?

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:39am
post #7 of 8

Well the mum doesnt bake so its not that nesecary to get it fixed. She mainly does roasts and stuff. The family cannot afford a new oven and I think its just wear and tear.
As for the 3 and half months; thats when I go back home to Canada. Where we have a nice gas oven that behaves its self

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 8

If you cannot bake and have to buy might I suggest that you go to the bakery and get a Paris Brest.
That is not a cake smothered in sweet icing but rather a confection that looks like a cream puff pastry ring and it is filled with mocha and chantilly cream. You will fight for the leftovers. Incredible cake/dessert.
Good Luck
Claire

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%