Shoes

Decorating By mrsright41401 Updated 7 Mar 2007 , 6:27pm by tiggy2

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 4

My husband and I have a very special thing about shoes. Sounds weird, but let me explain. It's important you know the story.

Ben and I were friends (just friends) for a long time before we decided to take it to the next step. During that friendship period I was dating a lot and he was picking up the pieces when the relationships would end. Well, in one tearful e-mail around the end of an especially nasty relationship, I made the comment that if people would just put aside their baggage that any two people could work together nicely.

He replied, in a long story that he had been told, that any size 10 shoes could fit on feet as long as there is a right and a left shoe. But that a size 10 high heel and and a size 10 work boot wouldn't accomplish much because they don't have the same purpose.

When we finally went to the next level of our relationship, we didn't want to call each other boyfriend and girlfriend cuz we thought it was "so highschool". (I was 19 and he was 22) So, I became his left shoe and he became my right shoe.

That being said. I want to make a cake for our 6th wedding anniversary based on shoes. We've decided we're a pair of workboots (just seems to fit the theme of our life) and I want to make fondant or gumpaste shoe strings for the border of each tier. I'd like it to be 2 tier.

So I need some ideas.

First, how would you make shoe strings out of fondant/gumpaste?

Second, how would you make a workboot - maybe even Army Boot style?

Third any other design ideas would be AWESOME.

Rachel

3 replies
bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 4

Wish I had some answers for you, but I am just a newbie...I do want to say, though, thanks for sharing your story. It made me smile today...You could say that my husband and I are "loafers", LOL! Hope you get the answers you need!

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 4

i don't have any help to offer either.. sorry. But your story is very sweet! thanks for sharing. The story reminded me of a pair of bee "shoes" i once found in Hallmark. I think it meaning was "meant to bee together", or something along those lines. really cute.
Anyways, good luck with your cake... i can't wait to see it.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 4

I can't help with the boot but I would make the shoe strings with a clay gun. You can make a very long rope much easier and thinner then trying to roll by hand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%