Cheetah Print

Decorating By jennjd Updated 27 Jan 2006 , 9:47am by Sparklycake

jennjd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennjd Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 9

I know you all can help me out. At least that is what I was thinnking when I said yes to this cake. My 14 yar old niece called my pleaeding to please make her a Birthday cake for this Saturday night. She has been saving up her spending money to buy it from me. How sweet is that. So of course I am makig the cake and of course Im not taking her money.
She doesn't care what shape the cake is square round whatever. She does want butter cream frosting. She wants it to have a cheetah print on it.
I'm not sure how to make a cheetah print all over a cake or where to find that design or what colors or what border to use. . . . .
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

8 replies
Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 9

If your doing cheetah related, you've got to put his tear stained face somewhere in the frame. I got to pet a cheetah last February on my Honeymoon, they are so beautiful.

How about doing the cheetah's face on the top of the cake and the spots around the edge and sides.

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 9

Please take a look at my website www.alamosweets.com (I am at my OTHER job and don't have access to my images). Look under Birthdays and check out the three cakes I made for my Grandson. I used tissue paper and decoupaged it onto a hat box. After sealing the box to give it a shiny look, I turned it upside down and used it for a stand. If you are careful not to make the tissue too thick and cover the top also it becomes a gift for the birthday person to store special things in it such as rememberances from the party i.e. napkin, pictures, favors, etc. Hobby Lobby has a good selection of tissue here. I used the cigar type cookies that come in a can for on the sides to resemble bamboo and placed a nice rubber animal on top after I filled the top with grass made from BC. I went to a nursery and bought small pots of grasses and place around it to add to it. Everyone loved them and I have several requests for the same. The hat box trick can add so much and the cake itself is so simple. I have had more comments about those cakes than any of the others.

Hope this helps.

jennjd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennjd Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks so much for all the great ideas. I called my niece and I was evidently very mistaken. She wants the cake to look like cheetah print . . . not a cheetah body.
So i guess my question now is how do i do a cheetah print . . . any suggestions?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 9

possibly:

take white MMF and die a nice tan (use posted photo for color).

roll out relatively thick.

take chocolate MMF and die black. cut into little pieces and roll thick and flat.

put black MMF spots on tan MMF

roll out thin enough to cover cake.

(fondant is so like polymer clay...that many techniques can be borrowed from PC people...saw this used on Carol Duval to make spotted PC)

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 11:26pm
post #6 of 9

Just throwing this out there. Ask SparklyCake to take a picture of her Cheeta's body and make a copy from that? Cut and past until you have a pattern?

tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 11:30pm
post #7 of 9

...maybe you can incorporate the cheetah pattern into a whimsical and/or topsy-turvy cake...you could make one layer the cheetah pattern...one layer all black, one layer with stripes of the color combo used for cheetah pattern.

tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 11:32pm
post #8 of 9

something like this cake that incorporates the zebra pattern on the top tier...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=favpics&cat=0&pos=-8253

good luck!!

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 9:47am
post #9 of 9

Background a very light tan, spot a very dark brown circle and put a hole in the centre of each spot or just off centre to let the background show through.

Roll out your tan on your worktop, stick on your spots with alcohol and then roll again to make it all the one texture, then you'll have a sheet of spotted mmf to put onto your cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%