Calla Lily Question

Decorating By Gaut Updated 26 Jan 2006 , 4:16am by vie

Gaut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gaut Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make some calla lilies. I have read the instructions and I understand everything but I don't understand the heart cookie cutter concept. I am having a problem picturing this in my mind how this works. Can someone tell me exactly how to do the heart cookie cutter step for the lily
Thanks
Gaut

3 replies
tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 4

ok...I'll try to explain...

Place the heart-shaped gumpaste/fondant/mmf piece upside down in front of you so that the point is facing away from you and the 2 rounded parts are towards you. Place dowel over piece such that it is placed over center. Take the right bottom (rounded edge) and fold over dowel so that outer edge goes over dowel and touches piece as close to left of dowel as possible. Take the left bottom edge and fold over right edge. You should now have somewhat "cone shape" with the dowel through the middle and the point edge away from you. Now pick up the piece and curl the edge closer to the point similar to how a cala lilly's edges are curled outward. continue with remaining directions...

HTH

Gaut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gaut Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for the information---It makes it easier to understand

Thanks again
Gaut

vie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vie Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 4:16am
post #4 of 4

Tanyap, thank you for the information. What you just wrote cleared everything up. Now I am going to go try it.

Again thanks
Sylvie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%