Can anyone give me information on how to get a nutritional lable made

for my cookies. Calories, fat, carbs etc. This would be one that I put on

my packages.

Thanks!

6 replies
mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 7

welcome to cake central! I am not sure how I would go about that, but hopefully someone else will have that information for you!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 7

In Michigan there is the Dept. of Agriculture which can help you with it and also Michigan State University has a program that you can give your recipe to and pay like $100 per recipe for a nutritional breakdown. They then send you this information and you make the labels from there. I don't know where you live, but you can try using this information as a starting point.

The other thing I've noticed is many cake/cookie retailers (like us) will simply have a business card size sticker or printed on a business card the ingredients of the cake. I got a box of brownies from Manhattan Fruitier once and they had on a business card size card just the ingredients, no nutritional information. Hope that helps some! icon_smile.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 7

I don't know where you get it done, but I know that it's expensive, you need to make them analyzed and such...
Hopefully someone will help you

squarepair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squarepair Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 7

This is a website that is in my health dept. paperwork, I don't know if it will help or not

http://ts.nist.gov/ts/htdocs/230/235/h130-01.htm

Luckily in VA unless you are a much bigger company than I will be you only have to have a label with ingredients and not the nutritional facts.

Kristin

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 7

If you are in Ohio, you don't have to put the nutrtional facts, just the ingredients and how much it weighs, etc., unless you are claiming that they are fat-free, nutritious, etc.

So where are ya by the way? LOL!

http://www.ohioagriculture.gov/pubs/divs/food/curr/cottage/food-cottageindex.stm#tag1

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:08pm
post #7 of 7

if you want to wholesale you need that label. There are programs out there but the lic. is very expensive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%