Please Help With First Wilton Class!!!

Decorating By imaginecakes Updated 6 Mar 2007 , 3:30pm by bobwonderbuns

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 8

I have my first Wilton class tonight (Course 1). My question is...do we have to have a cake for tonight? I'm doubting it...but I wasn't sure. What do you usually do in your first class?

Thanks Guys!
icon_biggrin.gif
Jenn

7 replies
moniquerei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moniquerei Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 8

No you don't need a cake for the 1st class. Your teacher will give you a list of things that needed for you next few classes.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 8

no a cake is not needed for the first class. The teacher just shows basics and how too's.

weberm05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weberm05 Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:13pm
post #4 of 8

You are going to love your classes! Good luck and have fun! Please let us see your cakes when you're done icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 8

You don't need to bring in a cake. The first night focuses on the intsructor doing a demonstration on torting, filling and frosting a cake. I hope you enjoy your class! Can't wait to see pictures of your cakes.

Angie

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:17pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks Guys!!! I can't wait to show you!!!

I hope thet turn out ok! icon_smile.gif

Luv,
Jenn

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:30pm
post #7 of 8

you'll do great-have fun!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 8

Nope, the first night the teacher does the class. When I taught Wilton I only made the students bring in a cake on the last day of class, although the book said bring one in every week. We found that with several women in a two-hour span we were so busy working on techniques that we never got to the cakes. But every instructor is different. Your instructor will let you know if and when to bring in a cake. Good luck and have fun!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%