Super Bowl Cakes?

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 22 Jan 2006 , 4:52am by SheilaF

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 1:05am
post #1 of 5

So what is everyone making for superbowl parties? I have a playoff party to go to tomorrow (go Panthers!) and I didn't have much time, so am just making the football mold...but knowing you guys, I bet there is more imagination out there!!

4 replies
bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 1:11am
post #2 of 5

I love the football shaped cakes, don't sell yourself short. I am making a Steelers cake, and got some great ideas out of the gallery. I cut out a jersey from MMF, all the stripes and numbers too. I am going to drape it over a 9x13" covered in black BC with a yellow border. I am also going to add a yellow star with a candy clay football. I just love the gallery. Everyone is so creative. icon_biggrin.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 1:13am
post #3 of 5

Here my try on a Super Bowl cake for my son:
LL

cat121481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat121481 Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 1:34am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Quote:

I have a playoff party to go to tomorrow (go Panthers!)

thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gifparty.gif

i think a football cake would be fine!
Be sure to put our colors on it!!!

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 4:52am
post #5 of 5

I did a basic superbowl cake last year (first superbowl party I've really ever been to) and it was pretty basic, but turned out really nice. I can't seem to find the photo with the text on the cake, but it just said Super Bowl XXIII (or what ever year it was-obviously, I'm not a sports fan! LOL). But they really enjoyed it. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate roses.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%