I Will Not Let Them Get Me Down!

Decorating By TMM2001 Updated 18 Jan 2006 , 2:11pm by LittleBigMomma

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 8:03pm
post #31 of 37

At this point, if she's telling you there's no way in.... that you amde these cakes, then she's just doing one thing, egging you on (no pun intended). And she knows how to get to you, to bother you. It's obviously a lost cause at this point, so don't even try anymore. (My opinion)

Dont' be afraid to bring it up to your father, but say to him it's just between you and he, and you'd prefer he nto say anything to her, just that you have to vent about it. Is it possible that he'd go against yoru wishes and stir the pot? Even if you didn't want it stirred?

Geez! Such a mess to be in. Parents aren't supposed to tear thier children down.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 8:12pm
post #32 of 37

Hugs to you!!! We all agree that your cakes are great, and I think you know that your cakes are great. Some people are just plain mean, and it's even worse when it's your own mother that is the meanest......I'm so sorry that you are going through this...it's just not right!!!

Hugs to you again!!

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 9:56pm
post #33 of 37

When my mom passed 13 years ago, I had a long conversation with my dad. One of the first things I asked him was if she was proud of me and things I accomplished in my life as I never heard it. My mom's family just was not that way. My mom would challenge me "I bet you $50 you can't lose 25 pounds," etc. and I would show her! I guess some people don't realize how the words they say hurt the recipient-even if they think they said it for a good reason. I would take the hurt, hug the hurter and go from there-it's her way (right, wrong or indifferent and who am I to judge that?)and you can't change it. You are a MARVELOUS decorator, very talented and can tell you enjoy it and put your heart into each cake. Hold on to that, you hubbie, your family and yourself-you can see yourself through the hurt. Hugs,

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 1:04pm
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by snicker

Sometimes, for some people, showing love and affection is difficult and almost impossible. ...I'm going to bet that your mother is not happy with herself, and someone in her life (maybe her own parents!) made her feel the exact way she is making you feel.

I think Snicker nailed it. My MIL is exactly like that. I'm just learning cakes so mine can't compare with yours. My forte is card-making. I can send her cards and she never even lets me know if she got them let alone comment on them. One day last summer, when we flew up to see her, my husband pulled me aside to show me all of my cards displayed in her bedroom. huh? I bet your mother sends the pictures of your cakes to everyone she knows and brags. (she just won't tell you about it) You watch, you'll start mysteriously getting cake orders from her friends! icon_wink.gif

Chin up.

kos

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 1:22pm
post #35 of 37

I just took a look at your pictures. You are a great decorator! Keep up the good work. You have a lot of talent. Please try not to let your mother's comments bring you down. They are by no means a reflection of your work but simply of her own personal issues and insecurities. Take a deep breath, give yourself a big pat on the back, and go tackle the next cake design you've been wanting to do. (And don't forget to post the pic icon_lol.gif )

sweettreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreasures Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 1:45pm
post #36 of 37

People/friends/family are ALWAYS gonna say something mean at times. Don't let this get you down, it only will make you stronger....Hope this helps.

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 2:11pm
post #37 of 37

Your cakes are wonderful!!

Chin up!

Smile!

Bake!

Laugh!

Love!

Like my husband always says, "Who are you trying to impress?" My response, "Myself".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%