Cali4Dawn, Help Please!!

Decorating By ihavasweet2th Updated 4 Apr 2005 , 6:27pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 8

Hi Dawn,

Hate to bother you with my troubles!!! Anyway, I just made a batch of my regular white cupcakes with water, and then tried your suggestion of using Amaretto Coffee Mate instead of water in the 2nd batch. Well my white cupcakes turned out fine, but when I pulled the ones out that I used the amaretto in they sunk in. I had a difficult time taking the cupcake liner off and the cake seemed full of air holes ( however, they were mighty dang tasty!!) where my white cake didn't. I am trying another batch to see how they come out. Any suggestions on what I might have done wrong? I used the cake mix, 3 eggs, 1/3 cup oil and 1 cup of the amaretto coffeemate in place of the 1 cup of water it called for.

Thanks for all of your help, I sure appreciate it!!!

~Luraleigh~

7 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 5:41am
post #2 of 8

I haven't had that happen.... yet! Although you may want to beat your cake just a hint less. I have noticed when using the milk a few seconds less does better.

I spray my cupcake liners with butter spray (like Pam)... so I don't have that problem on any of my cupcakes. I've always done it... even before going professional... so I don't know the difference to be able to help you there either...

I'm of no use to you tonight.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 5:53am
post #3 of 8

Cali, you actually spray the liner? Does that not make them greasy? Does this help the cupcake from sticking to the liner?

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:49am
post #4 of 8

sure sounds like she does....I have too...but by accident....hmmm the cupcakes didnt stick or break either.... uh...never thought about that until now!

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 8

Make sure you understand this only works with the butter spray. Whenever I've used the original flavor- it ruins the paper liner immediately. The butter spray works fantastically... nothing sticks to the the paper, and no, it's not greasy.

I also use it to grease the sides of my cake pans (I line the bottoms).

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 8

Wow , thanks for the little hint, I will have to try this next time thumbs_up.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 8

On a side note, I've learned that if you double the liner/use 2, the pretty designs on the side show up much better.

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 6:27pm
post #8 of 8

I do that sometimes, using the cheaper white ones inside the designed liner. However, for a more professional look, I really like sticking with all white liners (unless going with foil liners for holidays/anniversaries).

I will also use two different colored liners when using white and chocolate cupcakes in the same cake. Or to tell the difference between different fillings used.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%